Grant Holt

samjp26

Liverpool took a quick free kick and came close from it, 1st thing Holt did was have a go at the other players for not standing on it so they had to wait and we could get set. For me that's the kind of "experience" he'll bring as clearly nobody else thinks that way

I think this way! I also think he will turn out to be a bit of a Heskey on the pitch. But his experience will rub off on the younger players and give them more confidence especially if he is vocal like he was yesterday.

Could helenius not have kept the ball 5 times and offered more of an attacking threat?

Not sure - but I agree with the sentiment that Albrighton would have been a better option.

Gabby was killing them with his running game. Albrighton doesn't have Gabby's pace but would have done a similar job and taken them on.

Holt just isn't that kind of player.

I thought Holt did ok when he came on, but it's just unfortunate that he had to come on for Gabby as without the injury I'm almost certain he would've played the full 90 minutes.

I think Holt is a decent enough option off the bench, but I wouldn't want to see him start.

Put both players in their prime and holt doesn't come close.

That's not really relevant to us though it is. We had neither player in their prime so the comparison is about how they are when with us.

I'd still have the heskey we signed over holt.

I'd rather neither

Haha yep that's the correct answer.

Put both players in their prime and holt doesn't come close.

That's not really relevant to us though it is. We had neither player in their prime so the comparison is about how they are when with us.

I'd still have the heskey we signed over holt.

I'd rather neither

Haha yep that's the correct answer.

Yeah but as a back up option Holt is the better one considering the wages. Heskey costed 60k pw to have here. I'd be surprised if Holt was on a 3rd of that. 

For a back up striker Holt presents far better value for money that Heskey, it would be very hard to make a case for Heskey being your back up when you consider the value you are getting for your wage outlay.

• Like 1

I was really disappointed by this signing but he's not over weight as we were led to believe and although he's not Benteke for me he's a step up from the awful Kozak. It wasn't the worst debut I have seen and it couldn't have been easy away to the cheating bindippers.

Still I wish weren't in a position that we need to add this type of player to the club but under Lerner with a small inexperienced squad that's where we are.

After one game you can tell he's at least better than Heskey.

I'd have heskey over holt every day.

Let's say the ball were cleared off the line and bounced off the chest of a player two yards out, if it were Holt or indeed anybody other than Heskey, it would end up in the net. If it were Heskey the ball would slowly roll wide of the post, as if by magic. Holt for me.

I've never, ever, ever seen Emile Heskey show any sort of technical ability as per Holt's cute flick against Liverpool.  Creating that sort of space for someone to run into alone is valuable enough.  I was impressed because I thought he'd be much more immobile.

I love the pointless stat quoting by the way.  Did you see that Holt had more touches, won more tackles and committed less fouls than Gabby did against Liverpool?

Â