Grant Holt

samjp26

He did fine, but the system is wrong when we have 2 big men up front. Once gabby went off we were ineffective going forward, Benteke as much as anyone.

Didn't look anything special but did ok.

That's what i thought. Did well and putting him on meant he could lay off to benteke instead of vice versa. Thought it slowed the game down though i was hoping Albrighton would come on to keep the pace up.

He did fine, but the system is wrong when we have 2 big men up front. Once gabby went off we were ineffective going forward, Benteke as much as anyone.

Didn't look anything special but did ok.

That's what i thought. Did well and putting him on meant he could lay off to benteke instead of vice versa. Thought it slowed the game down though i was hoping Albrighton would come on to keep the pace up.

Bang on this. Would'nt have been suited to the first half pace, but did ok.  Just have to be careful when we use him, looked like he found it hard work in a team full of young guys.

Did a sweet back heel in the 2nd half for delph who crossed the ball into the box but no one got on the end of it.

Yes, that was a clever and skilfull bit of play that should've resulted in a goal.

He did fine, but he is slow and glumsy. Hope he is good in the locker room.

Slow and clumsy...did you miss the above backheel which therefore contradicts the point you make?

Yeah Benteke doesn't like playing with other big targetmen, he prefers pace and movement alongside him. We've seen this before when him and Kozak have played together.

Be interesting to see what we do if Gabby doesn't make WBA, would play Albrighton.

Â