Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

From NCFC's point of view if Hughton's finished with him then they're deciding to accept £1.5m for him now or next to nothing for him in the summer, and he's unlikely to be offering them anything on the pitch between now and then. It's £1.5m they can put toward bringing someone in but it's also strengthening a relegation rival. It's also doing business with Lambert which means they'll have to swallow their pride.

Reckon if it's Hughton that makes the call it'll happen - if it's the people upstairs it won't.

• Like 1

Championship quality player no more! At least he will fit in with the rest of the squad?

Says it all that he is nearly 32 and only played in Premier League for the 2 seasons with Norwich who he helped get promoted.

We deserve better quality than this!

• Like 3

This is the most split down the middle transfer we've seen for a while. Probably because its a player we all know for a change, ultimately if PL is only being given £1.5m or there or thereabouts to spend I highly doubt he will be able to make the vast majority on here happy.

Surely its better to have something in that position than nothing. If he can help us get towards midtable perhaps we can look at better options in the summer as I doubt there's a queue forming around the block to join us at the minute.

Has there been any reliable quotes saying that Lambert has only 1.5m to spend?

No thats why I said if.

One would assume if he has £20 million to spend for instance that we would be in for a different calibre of number 10.

He'd do a job for the team and offer us something we don't have.. A true attacking midfielder with a bit of imagination and creativity! Yes he's 32.... We need experience, lambert has worked with him before so they will know how each other works.... I say for £1.5m go for it

• Like 1

Our midfield is currently so one dimensional (that doesn't mean it looks like a shit boy band, although...........) it's not true, so getting a different type of player in for cheap sounds a good move to me anyway squad wise, even if Lambert was given 20 mill to spend.

Ih he signs then good luck to him and he does, contrary to what others say offer us something different, especially at home against the likes of Palace, Swansea and Sunderland etc. Hoolahan will hopefully help us turn home games in our favour!

He also has a very interesting and highly pronounceable surname ;)

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

Â