Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

People need to get a grip, I see loads banging on about a number 10, then we sign one!

Before he has even played I think the common feeling towards him is that he is shit!

Newsflash that's our level of player now! Are some people actually expecting a Mata-esq quality of player to sign then if so; a few people need to be getting some medication.

How's about throwing a little support his way, or do we want to mentally break this player also.

I can confirm that we are 100% interested. However, it's not finalised so there's a chance it won't happen.

#iamrighteitherway

Are you ITK??

I am 100% ITK. However, it's not confirmed, so there's a chance that I'm not ITK.

#iamrighteitherway

• Like 4

People need to get a grip, I see loads banging on about a number 10, then we sign one!

Before he has even played I think the common feeling towards him is that he is shit!

Newsflash that's our level of player now! Are some people actually expecting a Mata-esq quality of player to sign then if so; a few people need to be getting some medication.

How's about throwing a little support his way, or do we want to mentally break this player also.

No one is expecting a Mata type signing, just not someone from League One :) Holtby would be ideal.

Break him? I'd like to sign him first.

No one is expecting a Mata type signing, just not someone from League One :) Holtby would be ideal.
And Holtby is any more realistic?

Signed 3yr deal

AVFC Transfer Tweet ‏@AVFCTransTweet 3m

Hoolahan deal signed sealed delivered! Welcome to #avfc

Breaking News : Hoolahan signs for Aston Villa on a 3 year deal. More to follow #NCFC #AVFC

That ones has been proven bull shit, if you mention it they block you.

He has already deleted the tweet by the looks of it haha

the only thing that makes holtby unlikely IMO is the fact that he's German, hard to know how much he likes life here (or London) and if he would drop to mid table, but i can imagine a fair few mid table if not higher German clubs would happily sign him too, for me our chances of signing him would all depend on how much he wants to leave and who else wants him

if the answer is he's desperate to go and no one else wants him then why cant we get him?

the only thing that makes holtby unlikely IMO is the fact that he's German, hard to know how much he likes life here (or London) and if he would drop to mid table, but i can imagine a fair few mid table if not higher German clubs would happily sign him too, for me our chances of signing him would all depend on how much he wants to leave and who else wants him

if the answer is he's desperate to go and no one else wants him then why cant we get him?

don't forget the xmas market in brum though.

• Like 2

People need to get a grip, I see loads banging on about a number 10, then we sign one! Before he has even played I think the common feeling towards him is that he is shit! Newsflash that's our level of player now! Are some people actually expecting a Mata-esq quality of player to sign then if so; a few people need to be getting some medication. How's about throwing a little support his way, or do we want to mentally break this player also.
the only thing that makes holtby unlikely IMO is the fact that he's German, hard to know how much he likes life here (or London) and if he would drop to mid table, but i can imagine a fair few mid table if not higher German clubs would happily sign him too, for me our chances of signing him would all depend on how much he wants to leave and who else wants him if the answer is he's desperate to go and no one else wants him then why cant we get him?
1. Wages 2. A club that has been battling relegation consistently in recent years (with no sign of positivity to steer away from that level which we currently occupy, anytime in the near future) what an attractive proposition; a club in malaise who's general wage structure match that of a team in the championship with no long term plan of ambition. Edited by mansonAVFC

1. Wages 2. A club that has been battling relegation consistently in recent years (with no sign of positivity to steer away from that level which we currently occupy, anytime in the near future) what an attractive proposition; a club in malaise who's general wage structure match that of a team in the championship with no long term plan of ambition.

wouldnt signing him on decent enough wages be a sign of ambition in itself?

if its say us, norwich, fulham, everton, hamburg, schalke that all go in for him then how can you possibly say that he'll join everton because they are higher up in the table and his dads club, or schalke because its his former club or hamburg because they are in germany or fulham because he likes london? out of those id say we havent got a chance but if it was us, norwich and fulham? id be pretty confident

or all of those teams and bigger / better could be in for him and he says he'd rather stay at spurs anyway

plenty of different factors that we don't know, agree its unlikely but you cant categorically say he wont come here

1. Wages 2. A club that has been battling relegation consistently in recent years (with no sign of positivity to steer away from that level which we currently occupy, anytime in the near future) what an attractive proposition; a club in malaise who's general wage structure match that of a team in the championship with no long term plan of ambition.

wouldnt signing him on decent enough wages be a sign of ambition in itself?

if its say us, norwich, fulham, everton, hamburg, schalke that all go in for him then how can you possibly say that he'll join everton because they are higher up in the table and his dads club, or schalke because its his former club or hamburg because they are in germany or fulham because he likes london? out of those id say we havent got a chance but if it was us, norwich and fulham? id be pretty confident

or all of those teams and bigger / better could be in for him and he says he'd rather stay at spurs anyway

plenty of different factors that we don't know, agree its unlikely but you cant categorically say he wont come here

Of course nothing is certain one way or another! But reality dictates these players don't want to join a club like ours unless we are used for a stepping in which case he can rot on Tottenham's bench!

Back on topic though, if Hoolahan has that little bit about him creatively and wants to come here and play for the team, I would rather have him! Norwich fans seem to rate him highly and has Prem experience plus playing experience on top of that. He is what we need and can get, within the constraints this club has to work with.

Championship quality player no more! At least he will fit in with the rest of the squad?

Says it all that he is nearly 32 and only played in Premier League for the 2 seasons with Norwich who he helped get promoted.

We deserve better quality than this!

Would you take Lallana then? Apart from age, he's just as bad according to your logic.

Where have I said that? Lallana is in his 2nd full season of top flight football at 25 years old. At 25 Hoolahan had never played in the top flight. Lallana has also proved himself to be a consistent performer, Hoolahan can't get into a struggling Norwich team. We may as well just recall Ireland back from Stoke.

Championship quality player no more! At least he will fit in with the rest of the squad?

Says it all that he is nearly 32 and only played in Premier League for the 2 seasons with Norwich who he helped get promoted.

We deserve better quality than this!

Would you take Lallana then? Apart from age, he's just as bad according to your logic.

Where have I said that? Lallana is in his 2nd full season of top flight football at 25 years old. At 25 Hoolahan had never played in the top flight. Lallana has also proved himself to be a consistent performer, Hoolahan can't get into a struggling Norwich team. We may as well just recall Ireland back from Stoke.

you do know before the age of 25 he was winning man of the match in Champions League qualifier against Deportivo who thrashed Milan 4 months previously. Just because he wasnt discovered until last few years didnt mean he didnt have the talent

Â