Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

I we signed Hoolahan and Gary Hooper, we'd have a Hoolahoop.

Hang on... Gareth made a hulahoop joke in this thread earlier...

What's your game?

Damn, beat to the punch  <_<

Reports that the bid has been rejected. Ah well. Move on to next target.

I hope thats true. Hoolahan is **** dreadful

I dont think he is dreadful but definitely an uninspired target imho. I figured we could rely on Norwich's bad will to get us out of it though :)

I wouldn't negotiate with Norwich over the value. If Villa believe 1.5m is correct then I hope that we don't panic and pay over the odds for any player let alone a 31 year old (almost 32).

No great loss if he doesn't sign but Lambert HAS to find this "number 10" otherwise we will continue to play the worst kind of football, boring hoofball.

• Like 1

I think the potential signing of Hoolahan could be an astute bit of business, a tidy little player, but no world beater by any means. He could do the job to solidify our position in mid table before improving and growing the squad again. Listen to Mourinho when he talks about not needing a striker yet as the ones he currently has at his disposal are good enough for what they are currently targeting. It's about improving the squad and make steps in the right direction, and IMO the signing of Hoolahan would do that for us.

Reports that the bid has been rejected. Ah well. Move on to next target.

I hope thats true. Hoolahan is **** dreadful

Have you ever watched him play?

He's far from dreadful.

No he's not a world beater but he certainly isn't dreadful. He'd walk into our midfield.

This is the most split down the middle transfer we've seen for a while. Probably because its a player we all know for a change, ultimately if PL is only being given £1.5m or there or thereabouts to spend I highly doubt he will be able to make the vast majority on here happy.

Surely its better to have something in that position than nothing. If he can help us get towards midtable perhaps we can look at better options in the summer as I doubt there's a queue forming around the block to join us at the minute.

This is the most split down the middle transfer we've seen for a while. Probably because its a player we all know for a change, ultimately if PL is only being given £1.5m or there or thereabouts to spend I highly doubt he will be able to make the vast majority on here happy.

Surely its better to have something in that position than nothing. If he can help us get towards midtable perhaps we can look at better options in the summer as I doubt there's a queue forming around the block to join us at the minute.

Has there been any reliable quotes saying that Lambert has only 1.5m to spend?

Â