Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

Telegraph put an article saying Hoolahan had put in a transfer request, but now it's been removed.

Screenshot? As far as I can see on here and twitter you are the only one who spotted it... :detect:

If you google Wes Hoolahan, one of the top results is a Telegraph link from an hour ago..... when you click it it says Error 404 not found.

Telegraph put an article saying Hoolahan had put in a transfer request, but now it's been removed.

Screenshot? As far as I can see on here and twitter you are the only one who spotted it... :detect:

If you google Wes Hoolahan, one of the top results is a Telegraph link from an hour ago..... when you click it it says Error 404 not found.

Aha! Your detective work is clearly superior to mine. Nice spot. Could be that they just got it wrong, or are they not supposed to announce it yet? We'll see!

Here's a link the actual article has gone, but if you look in the address bar you can see the headline, I've no idea why they'd put it up then remove it.

I seem to remember quite a few people on here looking quite stupid when all the same quotes being banded around about Hoolahan were said about Robbie Keane and what a player he was.

Let's just give the guy a chance if he does join and see what happens? If he turns out to be crap after a few games, then everyone was right. But give him a chance?

• Like 1

Here's a link the actual article has gone, but if you look in the address bar you can see the headline, I've no idea why they'd put it up then remove it.

Journalists are often given time embargos, like the other day when the whole Twitterverse knew about Kozak's broken leg but no journalists reported it until 8pm.

Could be a similar case, maybe they aren't allowed to report it until a certain time - the article could be set to go up automatically and Google has picked it up beforehand somehow.

I think there is something in this.

Hmm.

Edited by samjp26

I seem to remember quite a few people on here looking quite stupid when all the same quotes being banded around about Hoolahan were said about Robbie Keane and what a player he was.

Let's just give the guy a chance if he does join and see what happens? If he turns out to be crap after a few games, then everyone was right. But give him a chance?

Hoolahan is no Robbie Keane, not even close.

Interesting.

https://twitter.com/MickDennisReal/status/420637615713705984

"I have Wes Hoolahan scoop (the truth) from 10pm ish" - Mick Dennis (The Express, 5 Live, former Norwich City correspondent).

Prepare for the embargo to be lifted at "10pm ish" and several outlets reporting Hoolahan handing a transfer request in.

That was my guess

Yep. Definitely something going on. https://twitter.com/MatKendrick/status/420633937023492096

Think this will be done. I just hope we've got a longer team plan for this position in the summer.

I'd be really happy with it. Carruthers and Grealish both playing well in that position for their League 1 clubs, would like to see what they can learn from Hoolahan when they return to Villa. 

Buying a 31 going to be soon 32 yr old with less than 2 season experience in the top flight does not get me really excited. File under stop gap and underwhelming. The 2010's version of Mark Kinsella, apparently now a Villa legend when he plays that shitty 5 a side they have in the MEN Arena.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Â