Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

Jesus wept.

"Hoolahan how uninspiring, better be cheap..."

Low bid made..

"Jesus we’re small time.”

:lol:

If this is aimed at me, which i'm pretty sure it is. As I said "We're so **** small time" earlier on this page.

Then nowhere did I say that Hoolahan was uninspiring and that he better be cheap. I actually think the opposite. I think he's a decent player and would improve our squad, so to offer 750k for him is just embarrassing. If the story is to be believed. 

Edited by KjParton

Yes but he's 31 and we will get no sell-on fee so he's not worth much more than 750k really.

If there are players like this in the premiership for 750K, buy a couple use them for 2 years to instill the experience in the team then sell them on without loss. Problem is these players are worth at least double that figure???

750k is a reasonable sum to offer initially for an almost 32 yo benchwarner.

It is also reasonable for Norwich to hold out for more as they don't wan't to sell him.

If it turns out we only have 750k it's sad, if it turns out we are not willing to pay what Norwich wan't for him i'd be ok with that depending what the sum is.

• Like 2

We're so **** small time now. 

Perhaps if more fans recognised the truth of this there would be a more realistic and reasonable view of what goes on at the Club.

Relative to at least a dozen Clubs, it is true.

Yes but he's 31 and we will get no sell-on fee so he's not worth much more than 750k really.

I'd imagine he is worth more than 750k to Norwich. He plays regularly for them and they will certainly not find an adequate replacement for him for that kind of money. If we take it that he will most likely walk straight into our first 11 and, unless Lerner's stance changes dramatically, is likely to stay there for at least 18 months I would also suggest he is worth a lot more than 750k to us.

We really can't look at every signing with a view to their sell on value. We need signings that can come in, hit the ground running, and improve us in the short term regardless of what they may or may not be worth 2 or 3 years down the line.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

He's under contract for another 18 months - he's worth whatever Norwich say he is worth, unfortunately for us.

Yes its a bit of cat and mouse right now! We'll up our bid but we won't pay their asking price and if he's handed in a transfer request I think he will be sold.

A Norwich Evening News journo now says that the Telegraph jumped the gun earlier and as far as he is aware there has been no transfer request. Doesn't think we've heard the end of this 'saga' though.

Hope we tie up other targets ASAP if possible, signing Hoolahan on his own on the last day of the window will be very frustrating.

750k is a reasonable sum to offer initially for an almost 32 yo benchwarner.

It is also reasonable for Norwich to hold out for more as they don't wan't to sell him.

If it turns out we only have 750k it's sad, if it turns out we are not willing to pay what Norwich wan't for him i'd be ok with that depending what the sum is.

He's not "almost" 32. His birthday is half a year away. You don't just skip from 30 to 32!

I think 750k would be an incredible bargain. He's got at least a couple of good years in him, his game isn't that reliant on pace or fitness and we have plenty of pace around to help cover. 

But like I said, if that is the story I'll be disappointed because there's no way they would sell that low.

Edited by TJVillan

Well he hasn't put a transfer request in, so that story is bollocks: https://twitter.com/MickDennisReal/status/420673075005652992

The story I posted on the last page is from The Express which is the paper that Mick Dennis says he is reporting his story for. Being as that story was taken down quickly, I assume that Mick Dennis is the 'insider' referred to in that article regarding the £750k bid. 

He's under contract for another 18 months - he's worth whatever Norwich say he is worth, unfortunately for us.

I would say he's market value is what anyone is preparing to pay Norwich for him. If Norwich are willing to do business is another story. Sometimes you don't make rational decisions in business and let emotions take over.

In this case I think Norwich have to play hardball and get as much money as they can and at the same time show their supporters that they are standing up and don't gett bullied by either Villa or Lambert.

Â