The Thread of Dreams

Spoony

I dreamt that the hookline from a song I've just written was unconsciously lifted from a Bruce Springsteen number. I was REALLY pissed off. Delighted when I woke up and realised it wasn't.

• Like 1

This will probably have been covered in the past 8 pages (which I don't have time to read through), but the old teeth crumbler is quite a common one for me.

Basically my teeth will just start to fall out and/or crumble for no apparent reason. Quite a common one apparently.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a good one the other day.

I was walking up towards Wilko's in town, and there was this girl with an afro standing there, trying to find me on her pokedex. Apparently I was a rather rare specimen. That was it really.

Last night I dreamt that I was mining on a beach with a pick axe. But I mined too close to my cousin (a cousin that I'm not even close to and haven't seen for years so no idea why he was in the dream) and ended up driving the pick axe through his thigh. I pulled it out without realising I'd done it and the flesh inside looked yellow and minging.

I then ran around shouting at people to call an ambulance in Spanish, so I guess we were in Spain.

Then I flew around (I could fly, apparently) and landed at my pregnant ex girlfriend's house and made her jump before flying off again to see my cousin in the hospital, who'd made a full recovery.

And then I woke up

tumblr_lqf6q29Jna1qmzfpgo1_500.png

I had a Villa-related dream last week but it was rather macabre so I didn't bring it up but I just saw this thread so

Anyway, I dreamt Randy Lerner was murdered by some guy with a machete and Fleetwood Mac held the top 3 spots on the album chart. That was my dream.

Have you been to Wilko's since then? It might come true.

No, it was set on fire by a girl to appease her God, the Lord of the Black Flames, Canti-sama (not a dream)

It might be open again now, will have to look.

• Like 1

I have had the crumbling teeth dream, always very disturbing.

I have a recurring dream where I discover a room I never knew existed in my house. I've had this several times and yet it's always a surprise when I discover the room. Which is not hidden at all, it's just through a door that I for some reason never opened before, or never noticed. It's always the same -- "Why aren't we using this room?"

A recurrng theme in my dreams is that I am desperately trying to get home and go to bed for the entire duration of the dream, and I always wake up from those unrested because I feel like I spent the whole night running around.

A couple years ago I had a very vivid and scary dream where I was being chased by some unknown entity. I decided in this dream that it would be better to kill myself than be taken alive by whatever the thing was that was chasing me, so I ran into my bathroom, drank a whole bottle of Drano and stuffed a toilet brush down my throat. I woke up gagging and choking. That dream sent me to a doctor, as it was a clear sign that my subconscious was telling me "WAKE UP, YOU HAVE STOPPED BREATHING." I was diagnosed with sleep apnea.

Mostly sexual related these days. I've always had the intense 200 ft high swings though, they're always great. A couple of times I've had lucid dreams where I've realised I was dreaming and managed to change things as I saw fit. Great fun. But plenty of times I've been to some random place in a dream, thought nothing of it afterwards, until weeks or months later I visit that place. And I know I've never been there before. I find that difficult to explain.

• 1 month later...

In my dream last I 'remembered' Villa has signed the Liverpool left back Ryan Babel earlier in the summer and everyone else had seemed to have forgotten, including Lambert. I was moaning that we hadn't been playing him.

I woke up and googled him, still thinking that we’d actually signed him. In my head I was picturing Ryan Babel looking like Sami Hyypia so I was really confused reading his Wikipedia finding out he didn't play for Villa, he wasn't a left back and that he was black.

That’s the closest I’ve come to sleep walking, half sleep googling.

In my dream last I 'remembered' Villa has signed the Liverpool left back Ryan Babel earlier in the summer and everyone else had seemed to have forgotten, including Lambert. I was moaning that we hadn't been playing him.

I woke up and googled him, still thinking that we’d actually signed him. In my head I was picturing Ryan Babel looking like Sami Hyypia so I was really confused reading his Wikipedia finding out he didn't play for Villa, he wasn't a left back and that he was black.

That’s the closest I’ve come to sleep walking, half sleep googling.

... I had the same dream...

200.gif

• Like 3

I dreamt that the hookline from a song I've just written was unconsciously lifted from a Bruce Springsteen number. I was REALLY pissed off. Delighted when I woke up and realised it wasn't.

From time to time I compose songs in my dreams, incredible, complex instrumental songs, and when I wake up, it just fades away, and I can't remember any of it. Very frustrating.

• Like 1

From time to time I compose songs in my dreams, incredible, complex instrumental songs, and when I wake up, it just fades away, and I can't remember any of it. Very frustrating.
I have the same with movies

• 2 weeks later...

I'm off to Spain next week and plan to propose to the other half which has led to some fantastic dreams the last two nights which I guess are linked to fear of being committed to one vagina for the rest of my life.

First dream was about my incredibly fit, 20 year old work colleague and the second was about me and the missus being on location, location, location. Only me and kirstie had turned up so while we were waiting for my other half, big Phil and the camera crew to turn up kirstie showed me the bedroom. In my dream her chesticles were just **** great.

Best two dreams in a row ever.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 3

Â