The Thread of Dreams

Spoony

I hate it when you wake up from a dream and it can be any type a dream. And your as solid as a rock down below, but then your gagging for a piss but you can't shift your hard on

That's not related to dreaming, you get stiff down there BECAUSE you need a piss. Your body erm, brings you to attention in order to ensure you don't piss yourself in your sleep.

So it's either wake up and tuck it into your waistline or piss the bed. I know which I'd find more embarrassing.

I hate it when you wake up from a dream and it can be any type a dream. And your as solid as a rock down below, but then your gagging for a piss but you can't shift your hard on

That's not related to dreaming, you get stiff down there BECAUSE you need a piss. Your body erm, brings you to attention in order to ensure you don't piss yourself in your sleep.

So it's either wake up and tuck it into your waistline or piss the bed. I know which I'd find more embarrassing.

you learn summat new everyday

Where on earth did you learn that?  There's no scientific reason for night time erections, you have several during your sleep cycle so they are probably more closely associated with dreaming than a full bladder.

I'm sure there is a scientific reason for nighttime erections, probably more than one to be fair, but to prevent urination when you have a full bladder whilst you're unconscious is most likely one of them.

EDIT - Here we go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocturnal_penile_tumescence

Evidence supporting the possibility that a full bladder can stimulate an erection has existed for some time and is characterized as a 'reflex erection'. The nerves that control a man’s ability to have a reflex erection are located in the sacral nerves (S2-S4) of the spinal cord.[4] A full bladder is known to mildly stimulate nerves in the same region.

The possibility of a full bladder causing an erection, especially during sleep, is perhaps further supported by the beneficial physiological effect of an erection inhibiting urination, thereby helping to avoid nocturnal enuresis.

Edited by Ginko

I only ever seem to have flashbacks, never dreams of a fictitious nature. I've never thought to look in to it, is that rare?

Not rare that I haven't looked in to it, rare that I only have flashbacks.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

Funny this has been made. Ive taken a massive interest into dreams of late and have tried to control them.

Im clearly a lazy sleeper though because every time I try to 'lucid dream' I just end up thinking fk this im tired and end up z'ing off. Anyone had experiences with lucid dreaming ? Im starting to give up because its too hard but apparently they can be great should you be successful.

Also another interesting question. Has anyone ever had sleep paralysis ? Where you are awake and conscious but you cant move ? Been told about this many times but again i dont think ive experienced anything like it before.

I'm sure there is a scientific reason for nighttime erections, probably more than one to be fair, but to prevent urination when you have a full bladder whilst you're unconscious is most likely one of them.

EDIT - Here we go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocturnal_penile_tumescence

Evidence supporting the possibility that a full bladder can stimulate an erection has existed for some time and is characterized as a 'reflex erection'. The nerves that control a man’s ability to have a reflex erection are located in the sacral nerves (S2-S4) of the spinal cord.[4] A full bladder is known to mildly stimulate nerves in the same region.

The possibility of a full bladder causing an erection, especially during sleep, is perhaps further supported by the beneficial physiological effect of an erection inhibiting urination, thereby helping to avoid nocturnal enuresis.

q73e.jpg

• Like 1

I have a recurring dream, though not that often anymore, where it feels like my jaw has been wired shut. In the dream it's so frustrating and it makes my jaw sore as I'm constantly biting down. I try and get a fork and anything else in there to pry it open. Sometimes I succeed.

I thought it might have been as a result of me grinding or biting down really hard in my sleep but I've asked my dentist if there's any evidence of grinding or wear on my teeth and he says there isn't.

It's a really horrible and uncomfortable dream. Never had a lucid dream though, I bet they're trippy as balls.

Nah, hasn't happened for months and only usually happens once or twice a year at most. My jaw or teeth don't hurt when I wake up, it's just a horrible feeling whilst I'm in the dream.

Funny this has been made. Ive taken a massive interest into dreams of late and have tried to control them.

Im clearly a lazy sleeper though because every time I try to 'lucid dream' I just end up thinking fk this im tired and end up z'ing off. Anyone had experiences with lucid dreaming ? Im starting to give up because its too hard but apparently they can be great should you be successful.

Also another interesting question. Has anyone ever had sleep paralysis ? Where you are awake and conscious but you cant move ? Been told about this many times but again i dont think ive experienced anything like it before.

I really wouldn't fancy lucid dreaming simply because the dreams where I've had lately where I'm sort of conscious and asleep are bloody terrifying. Even really mundane things. Like the other morning I 'woke up' and my window was wide open and my mouth was wide open and there was a little sparrow picking things out of my mouth like I was feeding it. Sounds lame but I kind of knew it wasn't real but I felt like I was awake and could see my sunlit room etc but I couldn't move or do anything to wake up and make it stop. I was even trying to consciously pull myself out of sleep but I couldn't. Eventually I fought myself awake and it took me a long time to calm down and realise it must have been a dream. My room was in the exact same lighting as the 'dream' and I was looking around my room and at the window for the bird but couldn't find anything and after a while realised it couldn't have been real. Bloody weird experience.

Is there not some sort of state of being between conscious and unconscious that you might be experiencing?

Very rarely I am in a state like that, though I don't dream about anything per se. The best way I can describe it is if you've ever been woken up my a muscle jerk or a loud noise or something JUST as you were falling asleep. It's like being in that state of dropping off but for a prolonged period of time. It's actually a really exhausting experience for me and I'm not fully aware I'm dreaming nor am I that I'm awake. It sort of just feels like I'm trapped but I'm still not fully conscious so it's not like I think much or panic. It's only when I'm fully awake that I feel exhausted and a little weirded out by the sensation. It's incredibly hard to describe.

Edited by Ginko

The whole point of lucid dreaming is the ability to control your dreams, so you can change it to whatever you want.. Being awake in a dream.

Is there not some sort of state of being between conscious and unconscious that you might be experiencing?

Very rarely I am in a state like that, though I don't dream about anything per se. The best way I can describe it is if you've ever been woken up my a muscle jerk or a loud noise or something JUST as you were falling asleep. It's like being in that state of dropping off but for a prolonged period of time. It's actually a really exhausting experience for me and I'm not fully aware I'm dreaming nor am I that I'm awake. It sort of just feels like I'm trapped but I'm still not fully conscious so it's not like I think much or panic. It's only when I'm fully awake that I feel exhausted and a little weirded out by the sensation. It's incredibly hard to describe.

That's sleep paralysis...

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

Â