The Thread of Dreams

Spoony

I tried to post this in general chat, for want of a better place, and then the post failed anyway due to going through a tunnel:

Last night I dreamt that Villa were beaten 8-1 by Norwich, which wasn't really that strange. The odd part was reading a VT meltdown for what seemed like hours. I need to spend less time on this sight ;)

Stevo, I have had variations on the teeth falling out dream. It's horrible, and I always put it down to feeling anxious. I've had crumbling teeth, loose teeth, and worst of all, a dream where my jaw became misaligned so that I couldn't close my mouth properly - only the back molars would touch, as if the jaw had been dislocated and then fixed incorrectly.

Anxious makes sense. Money anxiety to be precise. Mentioned in another thread that there's something wrong with the ABS in my car so that could be a huge bill, plus I'll need a new car soon, so that's money, plus I need to save for my holiday in July.

It was one of the most unpleasant dreams I've had though.

I dozed off watching TV tonight, and I must have been half asleep / half awake, as my dreams involved what I could hear on TV. There was a programme on about treating Parkinson's with a placebo, and before I properly woke up, I was dreaming about a friend of mine having Parkinson's. Pretty damn weird!

Yeah I've done that before. Years ago I used to have the radio on when I went to sleep, so t would end up being on all night.

Several times I'd dream and the people in my dream would sing a whole song, normally just before I woke up.

I dreamed my missus got up and did exactly that and she seriously has the most excruciatingly bad singing voice. I woke myself laughing so uncontollably, it makes me chuckle even now after 10 years or so.

I wondered if I would have any relevant dreams about work after retiring.

Last night I dreamed I was on a works outing (I think this was actually inspired by my recent coach holiday in Turkey, but still). Everybody was told they had to be back on the bus after a coffee break, but I suddenly realised I didn't have to go back to work anyway, so I just waved to them and went down the pub with a big grin.

No mixed feelings there, for sure. :D

Edited by mjmooney

I wondered if I would have any relevant dreams about work after retiring.

Last night I dreamed I was on a works outing (I think this was actually inspired by my recent coach holiday in Turkey, but still). Everybody was told they had to be back on the bus after a coffee break, but I suddenly realised I didn't have to go back to work anyway, so I just waved to them and went down the pub with a big grin.

No mixed feelings there, for sure. :D

I'm a little late to the party, but congratulations on your retirement. :D

I don't normally remember by dreams, but very occasionally I do dream about The Rock and it makes me a very happy Laura.

• Like 1

Dreamt last night that all my teeth fell out.

In the dream I woke up and just had a mouthful of loose teeth, felt horrible, and so vivid and I could feel myself rubbing my tongue on my bare gums. Then I was looking in the mirror and trying to bit them all back into place. Eurgh

But the dream was so real.

I then woke up in real life in a proper panic. I was scrambling for the phone to ring the dentist before realising IT WAS ALL A DREAM.

So that was nice.

I get teeth dreams a lot. When my teeth fall out I'm often crunching them in the dream (so not in real life), like i bite them so hard or overlap my bite and just crunch them and break them. Bloody horrible stuff.

The other night I had an utterly filthy dream about a friends mum. I just can't look at her in the same way now, knowing what she likes...

Silly Spoony, you've posted before you'd finished what you were writing.

So about 10 yrs ago I was training to be a teacher but dropped out as I absolutely hated it.

Well in the last few months I have had dreams of teaching. Thing is though I'm awful in the dreams, just like I was when training. I know I definitely don't want to teach again, just weird how its come to my dream state

Â