The Thread of Dreams

Spoony

Also another interesting question. Has anyone ever had sleep paralysis ? Where you are awake and conscious but you cant move ? Been told about this many times but again i dont think ive experienced anything like it before.

I thought it was that you were still asleep but dreaming you are awake ?

I get that quite often ... I lay there muttering and moaning as I can't move or turn off an alarm clock that has gone off ( all be it a non existing alarm clock )

You're probably right mate. I havent looked into it too much but as I say ive never had it and dont wish too either ! But dreams do fascinate me. As mentioned I want to lucid dream but you either have to be lucky or fairly dedicated.

I've had sleep paralysis twice. The first time scared the living crap out of me. I was young and had absolutely no idea what was going on. Basically had to throw a spaz to get out of it in the end. Second time I could lie there and enjoy the fascinating phenomenon at my leisure. It is well weird. Still had to throw a spaz though :-)

• Like 1

I scored a lovely goal in 6 aside last night. Not in a dream, but in real life. We lost, but it was a beauty.

ANyway, I then dreamed that I'd done it playing for Villa in the FA Cup and had settled down on the sofa to watch the highlights. They showed them, but omitted my goal.

I was furious, and threw my television out of the window into my pond (I don't have a pond)

• Like 1

I've mentioned this a few times in similar threads on here, IIRC. I have throughout my life had snippets of very 'real' dreams that subsequently happen and give me quite incredible deja vu. They are always small, usually pretty mundane moments, which on waking up I'll recall but slowly lose them as time goes on. I'll then have the 'moment' I dreamt happen, a few weeks or months later.

This happens me the whole time Chindie.

I have had full sleep paralysis in night terrors form a few times. The only couple of times everything has been psyadelic colours and ghosts circling around the room. It's messed up, like a bad acid trip. Except you know you're not on drugs, so it's even worse.

Bloody scary last night.

I felt extreme pressure on each of my shoulder blades as if someone was kneeling on my back. Felt like I was being pushed into the bed. It happened about three times and each time I woke up, I still felt as if something was on me.

Aha these dreams are great. Keep em coming. Unless they're things which would scar us for life. Keep em to yourselves.

I had a dream last night. But I forgot it now. Soz.

I had a dream a few weeks ago where me and my friends had a hot air balloon and went everywhere in the world with it. Sounds really shit telling it now... suppose it was one of those 'You had to be there ' moments :/

I had this night of dreaming between Xmas and New Year that's stuck with me almost 2 weeks on. 

It involved Cheryl Cole; the first memory of the first dream is of me rimming her and it was the most vivid dream I've had, the smell, the taste it was all so real I could even feel it or certainly I thought I could.  She didn't have her arse tattoo either.

I then proceeded to wake up and fall asleep maybe 4 or 5 times in what felt like an hour of real time and each time I fell asleep it was a different scene with Cheryl. Maybe I wasn't waking up at all, maybe it was just one long dream I don't know but the last one was us having a row in front of the paps on holiday somewhere.  I can still see the flashes of the camera when I close my eyes.  All very bizarre and as I said very vivid.

Now I like Cheryl Cole as much as the next bloke but I'm hardly infatuated or obsessed like you see some of these saddos on webcams declaring their love on youtube; so I can't really understand what brought on this kind of lust filled dream and why It was bloody Cheryl Cole.

• Like 3

I had this night of dreaming between Xmas and New Year that's stuck with me almost 2 weeks on. 

It involved Cheryl Cole; the first memory of the first dream is of me rimming her and it was the most vivid dream I've had, the smell, the taste it was all so real I could even feel it or certainly I thought I could.  She didn't have her arse tattoo either.

I then proceeded to wake up and fall asleep maybe 4 or 5 times in what felt like an hour of real time and each time I fell asleep it was a different scene with Cheryl. Maybe I wasn't waking up at all, maybe it was just one long dream I don't know but the last one was us having a row in front of the paps on holiday somewhere.  I can still see the flashes of the camera when I close my eyes.  All very bizarre and as I said very vivid.

Now I like Cheryl Cole as much as the next bloke but I'm hardly infatuated or obsessed like you see some of these saddos on webcams declaring their love on youtube; so I can't really understand what brought on this kind of lust filled dream and why It was bloody Cheryl Cole.

While I only get these type of dreams once or twice a year, it makes going to sleep worth it.

I've had those dreams but not with someone like Cheryl Cole.

One time I was on a sex-swing with Alyson Hannigan....It was one of those dreams that, when you wake up you fall back to sleep and try and get back into the dream.

• Like 1

If I phoned you up could you read this out? Slowly?

• Like 3

This isn't a dream, but it really reminded me of having nightmares as a kid. 

I went to the Cinema on Saturday to watch Last Vegas (good film!).  Me and the wife usually sit on the far side, halfway up in the cinema, but these seats were taken, so we sat right at the back on the far side.

When I looked at the screen, I felt a really strange sort of "fear" and was completely over taken by a panic and I have no idea why.

When I looked at the screen, if it makes sense, then the proportions didn't feel right...  When I was a kid, I used to have nightmares and be completely awake, but in a furious panic.  I used to suffer with textures such as thicknesses of my bed covers, the patterns on the walls used to pulsate and change colour (like a kaleidoscope) and I used to have a real problem with spaces between things and proportions - I have absolutely no idea why, and since about the age of 10 have never experienced it since - until I went and sat in those seats.  I managed to sit in the seat for about 2 minutes before I just said "I have to move from here" and went and sat in the middle, closer to the screen - where the feeling just completely vanished.

As I said, it's not a dream, but it took me back to being a kid, and feeling these really strange and completely weird, horrible feelings of panic for no reason. 

Strange ay? :) 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dreamt last night that all my teeth fell out.

In the dream I woke up and just had a mouthful of loose teeth, felt horrible, and so vivid and I could feel myself rubbing my tongue on my bare gums. Then I was looking in the mirror and trying to bit them all back into place. Eurgh

But the dream was so real.

I then woke up in real life in a proper panic. I was scrambling for the phone to ring the dentist before realising IT WAS ALL A DREAM.

So that was nice.

Â