The Thread of Dreams

Spoony

I'm off to Spain next week and plan to propose to the other half which has led to some fantastic dreams the last two nights which I guess are linked to fear of being committed to one vagina for the rest of my life.

First dream was about my incredibly fit, 20 year old work colleague and the second was about me and the missus being on location, location, location. Only me and kirstie had turned up so why we were waiting for my other half, big Phil and the camera crew kirstie showed me the bedroom. In my dream her chesticles were just **** great.

Best two dreams in a row ever.

Dhutwu?

• Like 1

I had a proper in depth "movie" dream last night.

Started off I came round under cover in the middle of cross fire. Birth sides were also also trying to shoot me as well as each other.

I then had a flash back of a few hrs earlier where I'd been introduced to both sides.

Another flash back shows that I knew both sides having originally worked for one of them.

Eventually turns out, I had been a paid killer for the one, but wanted to leave the under world so had tried to set them up against each burger to cause a war between them, only just before I completed it I got amnesia from something and forgot what I was doing. This obviously triggered alarm by my employers who realised I was double crossing them.

I really wish someone could record dreams it would be so interesting to see, there were some great action shots in it.

Wednesday night I dreamt I was a swimming instructor.

I was supervising a swimming gala where a load of kids were having swimming races and that. Loads of people had come to watch, like a huge crowd.

Suddenly, in the middle of one race, a tiger burst into the pool and started massacring children left right and centre. it was horrible.

I was scared, so I started scaling the interior wall of this swimming pool like some sort of terrified spiderman. The tiger turned his attention to me and started following me, but I fired a blow dart at him (I had a blow dart apparently) and it tranquilised him and people managed to tie him up.

I was a hero, even though I'd been running away like a pussy.

It was incredibly vivid. One of those where I woke up thinking "This has been an interesting day" before realising it hadn't happened.

THEN, yesterday was when that video started circulating on Facebook of a tiger mauling that poor Indian kid.

So basically I'm psychic.

I had a dream last night that it was 0-0 at half time in the Chelsea vs Villa match. I wouldn't be getting down Billy Hill's with your mortgage just yet though. Tony Daley was playing for us, and the Chelsea back 4 were wearing robotic suits. Same old Cockneys, always cheating...

Had a crazy dream last night

I was a ballboy at an indoor tennis exhibition match at the NIA between Steffi Graf and some woman in a burka. Naturally Graf was destroying her so she started flirting with me and making suggestive remarks.

Cutting a long story short she is as dominant in the bedroom as she was on the court. 

New balls please

Had a really weird dream last night. I had a dream it was the last day of year 11 all over again and we were all saying goodbye to each other and everyone was really sad to be saying goodbye and then I got off with a girl I had really liked while at secondary school, sadly I then woke up.  :(

Edited by Avfc96

• 4 weeks later...

Some really weird shizzle going on in my head at the moment. Keep waking up going what the hell was that.

Did it a few times last night, only one I can remember is that I was a detective trying to solve a murder, I was in a shop but it wouldn't settle who with. Seemed I'd been there numerous times and somehow all the timelines had been mixed together... Like I was time travelling

• 2 months later...

i read yesterday an interview by tony iommi stating that he has a 30% chance that his cancer wont return etc etc, anyway i dreamt that he died last night and it broke my heart to the point where i could not stop crying. i will no doubt shed a tear when he does go but aint it strange that i would as i do not know him plus i doubt very much he would shed a tear if i died  ;)

Edited by Rugeley Villa

I dreamt the other night that I had to apologise to limpid because I accidentally mistyped a curl post request which did a XSS attack on villatalk and wiped the entire database. Villatalk had loads of 0s for all forums.

I took some muscle relaxants last night and slept for 12 hours. Didn't have a single dream. 

That's ******* though isn't it? It may be that you didn't remember any of them, but if you have a good long sleep like that, you're likely to have had plenty of dreams. According to Wiki:

"The length of a dream can vary; they may last for a few seconds, or approximately 20–30 minutes.[3] People are more likely to remember the dream if they are awakened during the REM phase. The average person has three to five dreams per night, but some may have up to seven dreams in one night.[4] The dreams tend to last longer as the night progresses. During a full eight-hour night sleep, most dreams occur in the typical two hours of REM.[5]"

Edited by Jon

• 2 months later...

Really strange dream the other night, that was also kind of cool. I was doing a charity pub crawl, and having to have a different drink in every bar. It was in the newspaper, and people were coming up to me telling me they'd read the article. On my way to the third last pub, I was in an Irish club, and Luke Skywalker came up to me and told me he was my Uncle. On the way to the next pub, we stopped off to see my Nan, and I talked to her for a bit, while "Uncle Luke" played on a drum kit in the front room. Maybe I should lay off the cheese.

• Like 1

Really strange dream the other night, that was also kind of cool. I was doing a charity pub crawl, and having to have a different drink in every bar. It was in the newspaper, and people were coming up to me telling me they'd read the article. On my way to the third last pub, I was in an Irish club, and Luke Skywalker came up to me and told me he was my Uncle. On the way to the next pub, we stopped off to see my Nan, and I talked to her for a bit, while "Uncle Luke" played on a drum kit in the front room. Maybe I should lay off the cheese.

The technique of free association, actively utilized by Freud in dream interpretation, often begins with a psychoanalyst’s analysis of a specific dream symbol followed by the proceeding thought that automatically comes to a client’s mind. To further this investigative practice, Freud classified five separate processes that facilitate dream analysis.

1) Displacement occurs when the desire for one thing or person is symbolized by something or someone else.

2) Projection happens when the dreamer places their own personal desires and wants onto another person.

3) Symbolization is illustrated through a dreamer’s unconscious allowing of repressed urges and desires to be metaphorically acted out.

4) Condensation illustrates the process by which the dreamer hides their feelings and/or urges through either contraction or minimizing its representation into a brief dream image or event

5) Rationalization (also referred to as secondary revision) can be identified as the final stage of dreamwork in which the dreaming mind intently organizes an incoherent dream into something much more comprehensible and logical for the dreamer[2]

Furthermore, Freud believed in the universality of symbols in dreams that can be used in dream interpretation. These symbols highlight socially undesirable behavior in more accepting forms. Distasteful images in the form of symbols can be associated by shape, action, color, number, quality, status, sound, etc. Some of the more obvious and salient dream symbols are:

1) Vagina - circular objects; jewelry

2) Penis and testicles - oblong objects; the number three

3) Castration - an action that separates a part from the whole (losing a tooth)

4) Coitus - an action that resembles sexual behavior (riding a horse)

5) Urine - anything yellow in color

6) Feces - anything brown in color; chocolate

Practicing free association with a dream psychoanalyst can provide the individual with a deeper understanding of the meaning of dreams and the possible regressive thoughts are affiliated with the unconscious images.

wiki

Any budding psychoanalysts willing to interpret dave80's dream?

Â