What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

wheres good for lunch in London?

I've got options 1) I can try and go to say like a Gordon Ramsey bread street kitchen style place on a "bargain" 2 course for £25 2) I can try and do whats likely to be a chain like TGI Fridays which don't exist in Germany, my wife went to 5 guys a few weeks back and loved it, trying to think if there are any international chains that only have a London restaurant 

It's a big place, where abouts are you staying? Are you after a sit down type meal, evening, lunch?

2 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

It's a big place, where abouts are you staying? Are you after a sit down type meal, evening, lunch?

I'm not staying, in and out job, central but no real plans so happy to go out of the way for food, my wife's been to London twice for touristy stuff and camden so if say a restaurant that means we end up in Shoreditch then that's perfectly fine 

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'm not staying, in and out job, central but no real plans so happy to go out of the way for food, my wife's been to London twice for touristy stuff and camden so if say a restaurant that means we end up in Shoreditch then that's perfectly fine 

if you like korean food, on the Bab in Shoreditch is good. Kalamaki is a good takeaway greek place (not sure if you can sit), Meat Liquor is also one of my favourites for a burger.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a French Bread (Baguette) pizza earlier. 

I so prefer them to everyday flat pizzas with their doughy bases.   They seem to have double the tomato sauce of flat pizza and so much more satisfying. 

I can't understand why they are not more widely available.  You can't get one from any Pizza takeaway.  Greggs used to do them but stopped. 

The very best one I've had was from the old Baguette shop that used to be in New Street. 

Pretty much every flat base pizza now has so little tomato sauce they are dry as hell.   I don't undertand the domination. 

Rise up people and demand baguette pizza's. 

Also Tuesday night I went to lukas podolskis new kebab house, his ice cream shop was nothing special and recently closed but his kebab was really good, maybe the best I've had since I moved out here 

I have doner durum which is basically a lamb kebab wrap but the lamb meat here isn't our shit horrible elephants leg thing it's proper Turkish kebab meat, loads of salad, some sort of white sauce that isn't mayo (insert KW gif) don't bother with the chilli powder, also don't tend to bother with the chips because they're too expensive 

• Like 2

Meaty and offal-y restaurant called Karakter in Krakow, my favourite here.

They've got beef, horse and ostrich tartare for starters. I've had chicken gizzards in teriyaki, ostrich stomach in curry sauce, beef tongue, horse sweetbreads, and most recently veal brain tempura.

There are also more normal dishes like duck breast, hangar steak, beef rib, mussels.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Meaty and offal-y restaurant called Karakter in Krakow, my favourite here.

They've got beef, horse and ostrich tartare for starters. I've had chicken gizzards in teriyaki, ostrich stomach in curry sauce, beef tongue, horse sweetbreads, and most recently veal brain tempura.

There are also more normal dishes like duck breast, hangar steak, beef rib, mussels.

I recommend, although the final brain @fightoffyour had; it looked like the cow had died of a blood clot. Messy :D 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Also Tuesday night I went to lukas podolskis new kebab house, his ice cream shop was nothing special and recently closed but his kebab was really good, maybe the best I've had since I moved out here 

I have doner durum which is basically a lamb kebab wrap but the lamb meat here isn't our shit horrible elephants leg thing it's proper Turkish kebab meat, loads of salad, some sort of white sauce that isn't mayo (insert KW gif) don't bother with the chilli powder, also don't tend to bother with the chips because they're too expensive 

Thought that was the shits the day after. 

Two days ago I made the baked in pizza Argentinan style. 

Dough paved with 1 kg mozzarella. Dough to incapsulate it. Topped with 2 onions. And I also took oil, fresh oregano and a lemon (for juice). Brushed lemonjuice, oil and oregano on both doughs and when served I had lemon juice in a bowl next to it. 

Completely awesome. Got full on 2 slices though, so probably 50000 kalories in there. 

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

tenor (7).gif

• Thanks 1

I have taken the plunge and booked up for my first desi grill in 7 months. Red Lion west brom, last week in sept courtesy of quandoo app

I quite like the fact i can reserve a table (hope they don't forget) and turn up without wondering if there'll be any spare space. My missus has been introduced to grills and can't wait to get some more meat down her neck (KW gif please !)

Photos will follow of course.

Of the food, not my missus 🙂

• Like 3

Â