What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

German shepherd's pie

Mince cooked in garlic, s&p and some chilli flakes, then a layer of sauerkraut, then mash and cheese served with their version of gravy

It was nice but not a patch on ours* the pickle juices of the sauerkraut overpower everything else, not that the mince is flavoured anyway

* for ours I go chunky carrots at the bottom of a roasting dish, stick them in the oven first, mince with a touch of garlic, Worcestershire sauce, oxo cube, s&p, peas (the wife doesn't eat onions so none of them, no red wine because I don't drink it ) then I add a spoon of mint sauce in there, mince on top of the carrots, buttery mash on top

If I can't be bothered with the mint sauce in the mince then I will put mustard in to the mash 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

German shepherd's pie

Mince cooked in garlic, s&p and some chilli flakes, then a layer of sauerkraut, then mash and cheese served with their version of gravy

It was nice but not a patch on ours* the pickle juices of the sauerkraut overpower everything else, not that the mince is flavoured anyway

* for ours I go chunky carrots at the bottom of a roasting dish, stick them in the oven first, mince with a touch of garlic, Worcestershire sauce, oxo cube, s&p, peas (the wife doesn't eat onions so none of them, no red wine because I don't drink it ) then I add a spoon of mint sauce in there, mince on top of the carrots, buttery mash on top

If I can't be bothered with the mint sauce in the mince then I will put mustard in to the mash 

18441-2990.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Monster sized wotsits. In two flavours; cheese and also spicy hot. 

They are, on average,  3" long and the bag is the almost the size of a horse's nosebag.

Amazing. 

On 21/11/2020 at 13:30, It's Your Round said:

The short crufts pastry is to die for though. 

Just added shocked emoji so you had a full set

edit: it’s missing a “thanks”

Edited by Genie
  • Thanks 1

Cooked my first risotto tonight. Mushroom. Test run for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. 

Turns out liberal amounts of Parmesano, butter and cream make things taste good. 

Extra miles on my walks this weekend will be in order.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Cooked my first risotto tonight. Mushroom. Test run for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. 

Turns out liberal amounts of Parmesano, butter and cream make things taste good. 

Extra miles on my walks this weekend will be in order.

Risotto is one of my favourite winter scoffs. I’ve never used cream, but do use saffron for a background kind of earthiness.

7 hours ago, blandy said:

Risotto is one of my favourite winter scoffs. I’ve never used cream, but do use saffron for a background kind of earthiness.

The cream was the last addition because I needed more viscosity. I'm going to try to not use it tonight.

• Like 1

Â