What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

1 hour ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some sort of an anti-vegi or anti-vegan bumder, but I think avocado and all its Stasi varients taste like phlegm and the juice of a Mormons mother distilled with hate.

It's a weird vegetable. I much prefer sticking a cauliflower in a soup and calling myself a German chiropodist.

Its all about seasoning. On its own it doesn't do much for me at all. 

Since reading on here that someone had put chilli flakes on their beans on toast to give it a lift I thought I would try that. Roll forward a couple of months and I now have it on everything and find food bland without it Coupled with a very warm bottom every time I go to the toilet. This really is my gravy moment, thank you VT

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Since reading on here that someone had put chilli flakes on their beans on toast to give it a lift I thought I would try that. Roll forward a couple of months and I now have it on everything and find food bland without it Coupled with a very warm bottom every time I go to the toilet. This really is my gravy moment, thank you VT

Some people put gravy on their fish and chips. Sometimes VT should not be listened to.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Tom Kerridge got me doing it, he said the key to his weight loss was cutting out all alcohol and then adding a bit of spice to all your dishes, science behind it, it'll speed up your digestion (most of these grenade style weight loss pills will be based around green tea and cayenne) 

Cayenne and paprika would be my weapons of choice but I am working my way through flying goose's sriracha sauces, currently on extra khalifa lime leaves 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

My nando's mad niece came over to stay from Oz just before xmas last year so i bought a large bottle of their very hot sauce. She hardly touched it so in a "waste not, want not" mode i lash it in to my curries, chillis, all manner of rice dishes.....even pie and mash ! It has a geat kick of heat with a lemon aftertaste. Whilst i don't get the hype about nando's per sé, this sauce is the bomb !

• Like 2

Got hold of a fray bentos pie, first one in many years, beef and gravy with 33% more meat, if that's true then the previous one could probably have been certified vegetarian... 

Still the crust is the best of any pie going 

With chips, tomato sauce and cooked red cabbage (rot kohl - one of my favourite German foods) 

• Like 3

On 06/06/2020 at 16:03, theboyangel said:

Good effort - looks good!

This guy managed to crack the kfc recipe 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.delish.com/uk/food-news/amp32078271/homemade-kfc-recipe/

Dan’s KFC ingredients

• 600g plain flour
  • 4 tbsp paprika
  • 2 tbsp white pepper
  • 2 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp ground ginger
  • 1 tbsp mustard powder
  • 1 tbsp celery
  • 1tbsp salt
  • 1 tbsp ground black pepper
  • ½ tbsp of oregano
  • ½ tbsp thyme

Ha, you found me ont internet :) 

• Like 1

Chinese takeaway tonight 

It came from an Asian takeaway, what I haven't found here is a Cantonese so it's a bit wierd, I took it for granted when in the UK but we seemingly eat a lot of southern / Hong Kong Chinese food

This place was basically pick your meat then pick one of 7 sauces, sweet and sour, 3 Thai sauces, oyster, satay or hoisin

I went with crispy chicken in hoisin sauce, some spring rolls, wonton and a nasi goreng - they didn't do prawn toast, ribs, even prawn crackers 

Food came in a polestyrene container, meat one side sat on top of sticky rice and then veg on the other side in the hoisin sauce, to be fair the meat was really good quality, sauce was OK but watery, nasi goreng was very good too, parents in law and the wife went with the 3 Thai sauces and trying a bit of all 3 they were all a bit disappointing 

Would say more than anything it just misses a bit of identity, it was a boring menu and couldn't touch a UK Cantonese take away 

Its weird just how different the menu, the cooking and even the way its served was 

On 14/11/2020 at 18:26, Follyfoot said:

Homemade Chinese curry 

E05DD1A3-ED88-4DF1-91D1-EE7BE2BAE9BD.jpeg

Looks good and i hope there were plenty chilli flakes in ?

Edited by mottaloo

Â