What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

• 2 weeks later...

I just made my first ever tarka dhal.

Now, self assessment is wonderful thing, but I reckon it was by far the best tarka dhal that I’ve ever tasted.

Based on a basic BBC Food recipe but with everything (except the lentils) literally doubled from what they’d listed and a chilli and a stock cube added.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Now, self assessment is wonderful thing, but I reckon it was by far the best tarka dhal that I’ve ever tasted.

Based on a basic BBC Food recipe but with everything (except the lentils) literally doubled from what they’d listed and a chilli and a stock cube added.

Always have a dhal with a curry nowadays - so many types, textures and flavours. Bloody lovely stuff 

bbc food website is pretty decent to be fair - always good for a few ideas 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Always have a dhal with a curry nowadays - so many types, textures and flavours. Bloody lovely stuff 

bbc food website is pretty decent to be fair - always good for a few ideas 

They're the only recipe resource I go to (apart from books) because they don't give you the authors sob story of their paraplegic grandmother before the actual recipe. 

That and not having to convert whatever a 'kin cup of flour is in grams.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Red lion west brom. Large grill, chicken tikka balti, 2 masala chips, keema and peshwari nan......and some salad. 

It was good gorge myself on such a frenzy of meat again !

IMG_2994.jpg

Too much salad

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Red lion west brom. Large grill, chicken tikka balti, 2 masala chips, keema and peshwari nan......and some salad. 

It was good gorge myself on such a frenzy of meat again !

IMG_2994.jpg

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Is it just me that never really got beer with curry? Curry is already intensely filling I find beer too bloaty. 

Not just you, and I love beer. 

A beer with the poppadoms and dips. Then I usually have a bottle of very dry wine with the curry. Beer and curry gets me all bloaty and full feeling too quickly.

• Like 1

On 22/09/2020 at 20:07, chrisp65 said:

the best tarka dhal that I’ve ever tasted.

Tarka - like a tikka, but a little ‘otter.

sorry, I got here as fast as I could...ok, now I’ll be leaving, then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nah I love a beer with a curry. 

I don't really care about drinking with meals. I'm not a big drinker anyway unless I'm actually out drinking.

But if I go out for a curry I definitely prefer having a pint with it

• Like 2

I think beer and curry goes really well together, might come from the days of bring your own cans and getting pissed in the balti house, I associate Indian food with drink

Chinese on the other hand is the opposite, Chinese and beer bloats me half to death 

Got an aktar at home box coming for my mom's birthday at the weekend, £60 for 10 curries from Michelin starred opheem, very excited about it 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Wine with curry is like gravy with fish - wrong thread you freaks

I would love a beer with curry. It just makes me too full feeling, too soon. Wine lets me continue getting drunk while eating. It's not a taste choice nor am I being snobbish but if I'm in a curry house the secondary reason is I'm on the piss. 

Â