What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

On 19/07/2020 at 15:22, Follyfoot said:

Just made a batch of these bad boys

71BCDADD-76FC-4F01-937B-A96A6FFC518E.jpeg

They do look good still, but that egg is far too long gone - the yolk should be very slightly runny!

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, darrenm said:

I love PB, jam and PB and jam together. Toasted in a sliced bagel is best.

was going to say the same, PB and jam sandwich on a cinnamon and raisin bagel, toasted (in the oven as a whole then sliced!) that's a good breakfast 

one for the gravy thread but also try pate with a dark jam like blackcurrant, works a treat

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

was going to say the same, PB and jam sandwich on a cinnamon and raisin bagel, toasted (in the oven as a whole then sliced!) that's a good breakfast 

one for the gravy thread but also try pate with a dark jam like blackcurrant, works a treat

I wouldn't eat it with pate but I've mentioned on here before how surprisingly well jam works with savoury stuff.

Jam and cheese sandwich works. Your brain thinks it shouldn't work. But it absolutely works.

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Your brain thinks it shouldn't work. But it absolutely works.

I dunno. Maybe I'm too middle class but cheese and jam is a normal combo for me :D

Cheese boards and chutnies, baked camembert and cranberry.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I dunno. Maybe I'm too middle class but cheese and jam is a normal combo for me :D

Cheese boards and chutnies, baked camembert and cranberry.

Well exactly. That's what I usually cite when people tell me how horrible a cheese and jam sandwich sounds. 

People will happily eat cheese and chutney (rightly so)

• Like 1

chutney was what I was thinking of straight away, its essentially a spiced jam

tonight I went to German mcdonalds but not for the first time I walked out when I priced up my order (its a good 25% more expensive than the UK) 

so ive ended up at home cooking schnitzel, bacon, cheese, pineapple sandwiches...diet starts tomorrow

29 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

So we went...

Insane. Just insane.

We got there and we were taken to the table. Immediately offered champagne and water, which I accepted on behalf of the mrs, but not for me as I was driving.

Each course (we ordered 5 courses but we seemed to get more!) was brought by the head chef and every one was explained clearly, alongside wine pairings (again for my mrs, not me but I tried everything!)

The full menu was:

Eel, radish miso tartlet, raspberry and rose pickled tomato and bread (03:35)

Beef tartare with goats cheese, horseradish and dill (4:29)

Chanterelles, apricot with cheese foam (stunning!) (08:35)

Kombucha palette cleanser 

Turbot with turnip, cauliflower sauce and caviar (10:20)

Duck, celeriac puree, spinach, coffee soaked cherry (favourite savoury!)  (11:30)

Frozen creme fraiche, sorrell, honeycomb and beetroot toffee - most surprisingly amazing one for us, and it looked stunning (12:28)

Meringue, rosemary cream and rhubarb (13:55)

Little truffles

Coffee

It was 850 zloty for the two of us (175 quid give or take) 

There's a (in Polish) video a guy doing the 7 course tasting. I'll put the time stamp of each dish.

Some of those look pretty damn good to be fair! The duck looks very tasty!

Went to dusseldorf yesterday, had it planned for a while but only found out this week that they have a Japanese Quarter / Little Tokyo

Sat eating tonkatsu sandwiches with a curry donut and a can of grape soda one very happy boy 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

I LOVE Cornish Pasties me. 

ginsters-cornish-pasty.jpg

There’s a pie shop in Padstow that does traditional ones, but they also do a steak and blue cheese variety - absolutely amazing. 

7 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

There’s a pie shop in Padstow that does traditional ones, but they also do a steak and blue cheese variety - absolutely amazing. 

Yeah, I love Lyme Regis (OK not Cornwall but that's just geography) because there are about 5 bakeries down the high street who all do the most amazing Pasties, all different ingredients. 

• Like 1

Â