What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

I've been getting in to some non-Indian asian cuisine for a change. Typically when I cook, it's some form of indian curry, pasta, or something mexican (ok, texmex). I've had a couple of stabs at stir fry this week though, including a pad thai last night, I had no idea how easy and quick it'd be. I went a bit overboard on the chilli though, I was sweating while I ate it :D

• Like 1

On 24/09/2020 at 09:19, villa4europe said:

Got an aktar at home box coming for my mom's birthday at the weekend, £60 for 10 curries from Michelin starred opheem, very excited about it 

This was the absolute bollocks, can't recommend it enough

Changes menu every week but it was pakoras and samosas with a tamarind and then a yoghurt dip which had some sort of mixed spice in it , then I did an aloo curry and a mix veg curry, then chapatis and naans with then 2 pieces of cod which I had to pan fry and then sit on top of a spicy mango curry and a mutton basmati rice

All of it came in vacuum packed plastic bags which you can microwave or reheat in a pan

The cod curry might be the best Indian dish I've ever eaten, absolutely stunning and even better considering it was in a plastic bag for 3 days and then reheated by me, don't know how he got the fish that soft

And its a bit of a "bargain" too, £60, 4 of us eating it and we left 4 curries still in the bag to be frozen and eaten later 

• Like 1

image.thumb.jpeg.c0b1f83fbca257325cbcc443bdeb882b.jpeg

Tomorrow, I may stop off at my local fish & frites deli and procure a tray of pomme frites, topped with thin shreds of spiced lamb, drizzled with chilli jus.  

Sometimes I bump into an old friend, who usually buys the special with all the sauces!

image.jpeg.6eecb8081db28d7dcf2c4ea25cfe1131.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Lamprais. It's sort of like a Sri Lankan take on the Scottish Munchy Box concept

It's a couple of curries and a selection of fish and meats on a bed of rice. The rice is fried then boiled in beef stock, it arrives more Paella than Basmati.

A curried egg is added and the whole thing is wrapped together in a banana leaf.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Carolina reaper chicken curry with rice and naan bread

Man alive... just about recovered. Pure heat!

No pics ?

I am so disappoint. ☹️

• Like 1

Went to Hickorys at Wall Heath last night. Can’t fault anything about it at all. Food was excellent as was the service. Not to mention a high quota of country music being played. 

On 03/10/2020 at 20:53, Xann said:

Lamprais. It's sort of like a Sri Lankan take on the Scottish Munchy Box concept

It's a couple of curries and a selection of fish and meats on a bed of rice. The rice is fried then boiled in beef stock, it arrives more Paella than Basmati.

A curried egg is added and the whole thing is wrapped together in a banana leaf.

That sounds particularly awesome! 

• Like 1

On 03/10/2020 at 21:19, mottaloo said:

No pics ?

I am so disappoint. ☹️

Pics? I couldn't see mate, it was that hot, my eyeballs were sweating!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

That sounds particularly awesome! 

It's 3 or 4 meals for a tenner, ridiculous and delicious.

It's only on one day a week. Probably best for the ticker :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Sausage and beans on toast. 

Ok I know its a bit of a child's dinner but it was good

No gravy on it @blandy old chap. I'm not a complete heathen. 

So...come on then....cumberland....pork and stilton....tomato and herb.....turkey sausage....or have you gone all vegan and can't "take your meat" any more 😉

9 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

So...come on then....cumberland....pork and stilton....tomato and herb.....turkey sausage....or have you gone all vegan and can't "take your meat" any more 😉

They were from a tin! So possibly contained no real meat at all! :P 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Xela said:

Sausage and beans on toast. 

Ok I know its a bit of a child's dinner but it was good

No gravy on it @blandy old chap. I'm not a complete heathen. 

must read all posts 

Edited by Follyfoot

On 29/09/2020 at 16:05, villa4europe said:

This was the absolute bollocks, can't recommend it enough

Changes menu every week but it was pakoras and samosas with a tamarind and then a yoghurt dip which had some sort of mixed spice in it , then I did an aloo curry and a mix veg curry, then chapatis and naans with then 2 pieces of cod which I had to pan fry and then sit on top of a spicy mango curry and a mutton basmati rice

All of it came in vacuum packed plastic bags which you can microwave or reheat in a pan

The cod curry might be the best Indian dish I've ever eaten, absolutely stunning and even better considering it was in a plastic bag for 3 days and then reheated by me, don't know how he got the fish that soft

And its a bit of a "bargain" too, £60, 4 of us eating it and we left 4 curries still in the bag to be frozen and eaten later 

Looks cracking.  Ordered one of these for next week 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Avocado toast with everything but the bagel seasoning, fried egg and Cholula sauce. Grrrrr

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some sort of an anti-vegi or anti-vegan bumder, but I think avocado and all its Stasi varients taste like phlegm and the juice of a Mormons mother distilled with hate.

It's a weird vegetable. I much prefer sticking a cauliflower in a soup and calling myself a German chiropodist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â