What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

To get this back on topic, I'm cooking rib-eye for me and the other half in a bit, I'm a bit tipsy already. If I don't completely screw it up, I'll take a pic and get it up on here. No guarantees though. She's medium-medium/welldone whilst I'm a medium-rare guy (whilst trying to get the fat melty and soft, what a hassle). I fear I'll screw mine up trying to get hers right. We never have steak but I made the effort to buy it for a change but my experience cooking it is hit and miss. Got a stick of garlic butter to melt on if I completely fudge it though. I can just grease my throat to let it slide down easier that way 🤤

Went to Pulperia in Brindley Place on Friday night. Ran by award winning chef Akhtar Islam. Wow it was amazing. 

House Bread with Aged Beef Butter

----

Chorizo 

Chicken Empenadas 

(We shared starters)

-----

600g Porterhouse Galician Blonde to share. 

Wow best Steak I have tried, melted in the mouth, so full of flavour.

Would recommend the restaurant 

• Like 2

He's a brilliant chef

Currently doing a home order thing from opheem, £60 curry boxes that you heat at home, sounds incredible and actually decent value (10 curries in there) 

Not sure what his fall out was with them from the old places but fiesta del asado and lasans were excellent too, never went to nosh and quaff 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm contemplating making a pizza dough, stack it full of cheese, put another dough over and gorge. 

Like cheese stuffed crusts? Or like a double layered pizza base with cheese throughout?

Germans at it again... Today was taco salat

Imagine a big trifle dish, lettuce at the bottom, then a layer of tomato, then sweetcorn and kidney beans, then a layer of cold chilli con carne, then a layer of remoulade (basically mayo with some herbs chucked in) then cheese on top, put in the fridge for a few hours before being served with tacos

I'm a big fan of Mexican food so of course it was good but it shouldnt have been as good as it was

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Calzone? 

No. It's a south american thing. In Argentina it's called fugazza I think. But I am not at the level of you guys in cooking so I might be wrong. 

Edit: I was wrong. The Italian version is Fugazza. The south American one or stuffed one is called Fugazzeta. Anyway that's what I mean. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my.... Yesterday's left over roast beef reheated in real gravy in a bread roll with horseradish sauce. 

10 times better than anything that Pret A Manger could serve you up in a herby brioche for 7 quid a pop. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

wheres good for lunch in London?

I've got options 1) I can try and go to say like a Gordon Ramsey bread street kitchen style place on a "bargain" 2 course for £25 2) I can try and do whats likely to be a chain like TGI Fridays which don't exist in Germany, my wife went to 5 guys a few weeks back and loved it, trying to think if there are any international chains that only have a London restaurant 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I've got options 1) I can try and go to say like a Gordon Ramsey bread street kitchen style place on a "bargain" 2 course for £25 2) I can try and do whats likely to be a chain like TGI Fridays which don't exist in Germany, my wife went to 5 guys a few weeks back and loved it, trying to think if there are any international chains that only have a London restaurant 

I want to try eggslut when I'm back in London.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Get some pie mash and liquor down your neck

Â