Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Apparently after Tomas Rincon of Hamberg in german papers.. he is 26 and only ever scored one goal as a midfielder

just found out he is def mid and is 5ft 8

He'll fit in well with our current midfielders then! I've heard of him but know very little about him, according to wiki he can play right back as well

Apparently after Tomas Rincon of Hamberg in german papers.. he is 26 and only ever scored one goal as a midfielder

The little I have seen of him seems like hes full of energy and running.

Not to start a 'can't believe you're comparing him to such and such...' argument but Makelele was even shorter than that I think. That position's all about using your head (in the intelligence sense of the word).

He is more of a CDM than an attacking midfielder though, would add experience to the center of the park!

The next 11 days should be really interesting , really looking forward to the end of this window!

The cynical interpretation of this post is that that the sooner this window closes the better and VT will be interesting (read: constant bickering) until then.

The next 11 days should be really interesting , really looking forward to the end of this window!

The cynical interpretation of this post is that that the sooner this window closes the better and VT will be interesting (read: constant bickering) until then.

I was thinking that as well! Please say it isn't so, Richard mate. I want to believe!

Rincon could be a good shout, although looks to be a bit on the small side...def-mid doesn't necessarely need to be tall...like Stig Tøfting wasn't but he was heavy built.

Edited by Jarpie

We need a player with Delph's skills and work rate.. in Sylla's phsysique with Westwood's passing ability. So we dont have to play all 3 at once. Go get him Paul ;)

A big DM who can pass basically. He will protect the back four and allow the rest to bomb forward. I liked Andi's free role in the hole (insert Mccarthy gif) behind Gabby and Benteke.

Problem is these players dont come cheap.. neither does a quality AM.  Randy needs to provide 10-15 million in the summer for these two players. We have enough 'squad' players.

If we sell Benteke in the summer for say 25-30 mil. Paul could have 40 million (including his budget.. whatever it may be) to spend. In a way i want to see who he can sign with that much cash but i would hate to see Benteke leave.

• Like 1

Ooh Stig Tøfting the grass cutter

I always remember Tøfting from the world cup 2002, I bet he scared be-jeezus out of the opposition players.

Didn't he get sent to prison after that tournament for smashing a chair over someones head in a bar brawl?

I always remember Tøfting from the world cup 2002, I bet he scared be-jeezus out of the opposition players.

I played a match against Tøfting when he returned to Denmark. As an older member of the team I rallied my team mates to get stuck in. None of my team mates tackled him. Too scared. Hard as nails.

Didn't he get sent to prison after that tournament for smashing a chair over someones head in a bar brawl?

Wouldn't surprise me. His father murdered his own wife when Stig was a kid then killed himself. A 13 year old Stig came home from school to find them. He "used to" knock about with The Hells Angels too.

Hard bastard, no doubt about it.

Â