Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Even Hoolahan will make this side tick at home. He would play in El Ahmadi's spot and will just have a free role to create chaos. Better the AM the better this side will play obviously.. but even an average AM will make this side play alot better at home. El Ahmadi doesnt create much going forward and having him alongside Delph and Westwood at home.. doesnt work. They are too similar.

Even Hoolahan will make this side tick at home. He would play in El Ahmadi's spot and will just have a free role to create chaos. Better the AM the better this side will play obviously.. but even an average AM will make this side play alot better at home. El Ahmadi doesnt create much going forward and having him alongside Delph and Westwood at home.. doesnt work. They are too similar.

Norwich are going to make us wait to the last day of transfer market to get him. Been nice to have had him for west brom game

Norwich are going to make us wait to the last day of transfer market to get him. Been nice to have had him for west brom game

If they're smart they'll see West Brom are in greater relegation danger than we are, and are therefore their direct rivals. If we can beat them next week that's good news for Norwich too IMO.

They're not going to think, 'Hm, we could do with Villa beating West Brom for us... I know! We'll sell them Hoolahan before that game, that'll do the trick! They'll definitely win with Wes in the team."

They'll leave us dangling until the final days of the window, and frankly why wouldn't they? Aside from them having a childish grudge against us, having Hoolahan as an option off the bench isn't a bad thing for their team anyway. You can't be mad at them for playing the game their way.

I just hope we have a plan B and C and don't leave it too late. I should hope we've made enquiries and are ready to follow up on them in case we get to the last day and Norwich still play hardball with us.

They're not going to think, 'Hm, we could do with Villa beating West Brom for us... I know! We'll sell them Hoolahan before that game, that'll do the trick! They'll definitely win with Wes in the team."

They'll leave us dangling until the final days of the window, and frankly why wouldn't they? Aside from them having a childish grudge against us, having Hoolahan as an option off the bench isn't a bad thing for their team anyway. You can't be mad at them for playing the game their way.

I just hope we have a plan B and C and don't leave it too late. I should hope we've made enquiries and are ready to follow up on them in case we get to the last day and Norwich still play hardball with us.

totally agree. I think we will sign this player but I think it will be a deadline signing.

I can't see Norwich selling anyone to us after the acrimonious Lambert departure and the Jed Steer shenanigans.

disagree sir. He is clearly not a favourite of CH (judging from his starts this year) money talks and this (given his age) might be the last time norwich can cash in. You might be right mate only time will tell, but given the circumstances I don't think our relationship with norwich will have much bearing. Make it hard? Yes maybe, turn down a decent cash offer? Not for me mate.

Agreed. As much as I think McNally is a strange and immature little man, I don't think him and the rest of the Norwich directors are stupid enough to get to the end of the window and turn down an offer for Hoolahan if he makes it clear he doesn't want to play for them anymore, even if it is dirty Villa money.

I just don't want us to end up paying over the odds by too much. It will be more than he's worth, I think that's a given, but I should hope we are looking at other players just in case Norwich ask for a stupid amount of money so we can snub them and sign another player, or at least threaten to in an attempt to drive the price down.

I wish he'd stop doing business with that bloody team though. Talk about gluttons for punishment.

Edited by Ginko

Agreed. As much as I think McNally is a strange and immature little man, I don't think him and the rest of the Norwich directors are stupid enough to get to the end of the window and turn down an offer for Hoolahan if he makes it clear he doesn't want to play for them anymore, even if it is dirty Villa money.

I just don't want us to end up paying over the odds by too much. It will be more than he's worth, I think that's a given, but I should hope we are looking at other players just in case Norwich ask for a stupid amount of money so we can snub them and sign another player, or at least threaten to in an attempt to drive the price down.

I wish he'd stop doing business with that bloody team though. Talk about gluttons for punishment.

Though I agree we shouldn't pay over the odds mate all players (unless you're liverpool ;-)) have market values, this is a guy thats the wrong side of 30 without bucket loads of pl experience and (if papers are to believed) wants to leave the football club. As I said sir ots only my opinion I'm certainly not ITK but I genuinely think we wi sign this guy for a not to extortionate amount of money.

This lambert grudge is stupid to. What Lambert did for that club can't really be quanitified, no matter how acrimonious the departure was Lamberts genius made their owner a shit ton of money and brought them at least 3 years of premiership football.

• Like 1

I haven't been on here since Saturday night. What have I missed then? Any hint of a new player?

No but our ITK's didn't know about Bertram so maybe???????

People had said a defender was coming in the day before he arrived. 

Pretty sure the next that will come is a CM/AM. Has to be, he even said so himself right before the window opened didn`t he? Think that will be a transfer, not a loan but who knows. Hopefully he will come in quick so we have something new for the baggies game. Come on randy, give him something special...

We've finally backed down and paid the compensation for Steer. I find it too much of a coincidence that this is agreed after all this time, right as we're bidding for Hoolahan. He has also been in unused substitute for 3 games running now (maybe more but I've counted 3), and the reports have suddenly gone a bit quiet. I reckon Hoolahan deal is done and Norwich are just looking for a replacement first so they can make it look like it's their decision to fans. 'Oh look, we have this player now, we don't need Hoolahan so can let him go'.

• Like 1

We've finally backed down and paid the compensation for Steer. I find it too much of a coincidence that this is agreed after all this time, right as we're bidding for Hoolahan. He has also been in unused substitute for 3 games running now (maybe more but I've counted 3), and the reports have suddenly gone a bit quiet. I reckon Hoolahan deal is done and Norwich are just looking for a replacement first so they can make it look like it's their decision to fans. 'Oh look, we have this player now, we don't need Hoolahan so can let him go'.

Its because they had a tribunal, date set ages ago nothing to do with Villa deciding to have it now.

It wasn't a case of us backing down, we had to wait for a tribunal where a fee was set and then we paid.

I wouldn't be surprised to see naughton come in and then an unknown cam

Even Hoolahan will make this side tick at home. He would play in El Ahmadi's spot and will just have a free role to create chaos.

I think I'd rather wait until the summer to get a proper midfielder rather than buying a 30 year old Hoolahan now TBH.

• Like 1

Â