Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Lambert should stick to his plans. If Hoolahan etc are not part of these plans I think we shouldn't buy them. Save the money for class player you want.

Completely agree. Shouldn't have to compensate. 

I get the feeling Defour's agent is just using us to ramp up offers from other clubs. Kind of embarrassing.

Perhaps me being cynical but I wouldn't be surprised it that is a two-way thing. He uses our 'interest' to force the hands of others whilst our club then make it look like we are trying to get players of that calibre and sell our 'ambition' to the fans that way. Right out of the Doug Ellis handbook really.

It also looks better if somebody like Hoolahan is seen to be our fall-back option after supposedly missing out on our preferred target rather than if he is viewed as the first-choice.

Just a theory of course but I find it strange how it is our name that is always mentioned by agents or clubs of players that it turns out we made no move for anyway. Coutinho, Sissoko, Belhanda and now this. Hmmm...

Yep, every window seems to have one and even if it isn't engineered by the club, it still makes them look like they're going for big names even if they aren't.

I definitely think Defour is this window's Belhanda.

The only signing I will be happy with is Kiyotake. There is something about him that just seems magical, as though he is the key to our future success for Lerner's 50 year project. I think he would be an excellent addition to our team. It's a shame Faulkner and Lerner lack the testicles required to pull off a signing such as this...

How many games did we win last year??

What is it with Kiyotake? Ive only seen him play about 5 times and he has been bloody awful!

• Like 1

I get the feeling Defour's agent is just using us to ramp up offers from other clubs. Kind of embarrassing.

Perhaps me being cynical but I wouldn't be surprised it that is a two-way thing. He uses our 'interest' to force the hands of others whilst our club then make it look like we are trying to get players of that calibre and sell our 'ambition' to the fans that way. Right out of the Doug Ellis handbook really.

It also looks better if somebody like Hoolahan is seen to be our fall-back option after supposedly missing out on our preferred target rather than if he is viewed as the first-choice.

Just a theory of course but I find it strange how it is our name that is always mentioned by agents or clubs of players that it turns out we made no move for anyway. Coutinho, Sissoko, Belhanda and now this. Hmmm...

We were the first club to enquire about Sissoko but his wages were double what we were prepared to pay

I think your view of the Defour interest is wide of the mark - it may be that his agent is trying to increase interest but I don't believe that Villa are also 'in on it' - certainly Lambert would have nothing to gain from such an exercise

His recent form definitely doesn't warrant a move to a club higher than us. He should even be happy that club like Villa want him. He has only made 8 appearances for Porto this season. We are going after a player who doesn't start for his club. 

That happens to every club. You only notice Aston Villa because that's the only club you really care about and pay such close attention to.

• Like 1

KSV and KHV? I thought you were one poster.

I often get confused. All I know is that I disagree with almost everything one of them says and the other is not too bad.

lol am i the one you disagree with?

• Like 1

I normally wouldn't post stuff like this but this piece states we are actually talking with city for Lescott..

http://talksport.com/football/aston-villa-weigh-ps6million-move-man-city-defender-14010774556

£6 million with 6 months left on his contract  :rolleyes:

If this is the kind of inside knowledge Warren Haughton brings, we can totally disregard anything he said about Hoolahan the other day.

Edited by TJVillan

Â