Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I'd take Lescott on loan and hopefully permanently. People say Okore will be our 1st choice but forget that even though he looked good he has hardly played is only 21 so we shouldn't heap too much pressure on him. Also I don't think Baker and Clark are good enough hopefully I'm wrong but how long do you give them.

A window of Lescott Hoolahan and Defour would be good I'd like a winger/wide midfielder aswell Ince Or Holtby but that's too much wishful thinking!

Talksport linking us to Tomas Rincon

Fulham, West Ham, Swansea and Aston Villa are among a number of clubs chasing a cut-price January move for Hamburg star Tomas Rincon.

The Venezuelan, who can play in midfield or at right-back, is out of contract at the end of the season and has rejected Hamburg's latest offer of a new deal.

And the German side are prepared to accept a fee of under £1m rather than lose Rincon for free in the summer - and the 25-year-old wants to move to the Premier League.

That has alerted a number of clubs in England, with the likes of Southampton and Everton also thought to be monitoring the situation.

Rincon was named Player of the Tournament in the 2011 Copa America in a poll run by Adidas and has been with Hamburg since 2009.

But he is desperate to move to the Premier League and is almost certain to move before the transfer window closes.

One thing about Lescott if we did get him on a perm deal (though don't see how the finances would work for us at all).

He would do a job for us in CB this year and if Okore is to be a starter next year then maybe Lescott could go to LB. He was great there for Everton (admittedly a number of years ago) and it is a position that has dogged us for far too many years.

To be fair Wells would be a decent signing, but Bradford won't sell him for cheap. Might be better invested in the elusive midfielder we're after.

They owe us something after last year, surely!!?

• Like 1

Â