Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

That doesnt make sense. Lescott. I am sure we are interested. If Man City pay wages.. why are we paying such a large fee? why dont we just pay a small fee and pay his wages? talkshit have it wrong. Zaha on big wages.. most likely go back to Palace.

Holtby i can see happening. Defour unlikely. Hoolahan will happen.

United don't want him to go to Palace - they want to see how he performs in an unfamiliar environment and they want him closer than London. Hope we don't get him personally as he is too hit and miss

Lescott likely. Holtby or Hoolahan probable,  Samaras possible. Defour unlikely

VillaCas - I seem to remember you to some extent being ITK this time last year. Saying we were interested in Sissoko but wages were too high and we were looking at other options.

Is there any knowledge behind your post above or just your hunch?

Not greatly ITK, but I'm involved through a couple of the academy sides so I do hear the odd thing (need to be careful though as ITK's get slaughtered on here)

I know the Sissoko stuff for absolute certain that we were first to inquire and wage demands were ridiculous (for Villa) - it was thought that they would be reduced as the window went on but then Newcastle just went ahead and paid it (£65k a week)

Not heard too much in this window - I know Hoolahan would like to come here and Lambert would like him but no bid had been made up to this morning from what I hear. I've also heard that we have enquired about Lescott. My thoughts are it is the money issues that will dictate this - if Ireland went that would greatly help

To my knowledge, no enquiry about Holtby. Don't know anything about Defour or Samaras (although Lambert big mates with Lennon??)

Don't know if we are in for Zaha but do know that MU knocked back a couple of previous requests from Palace and see no benefit if he went back to somewhere familar and performed - the feeling being that if he does go on loan it would be better to go an make an impact elsewhere. Also understand that they want him close to NW rather than in London where they can't keep tabs on him (not as he is known as problem)

So not a great deal of ITK really - sorry

.....our style of football may seem unattractive for a manager looking to develop his player. This could effect our ability to loan anyone decent.

Would love vlaar and lescott at the centre of our defence but don't see lescott coming to villa park

Before HaryHands went and deleted all his posts he hinted that Lambert had called about Lescott but the wages were astronomical and City were not willing to pay any of them.

• Like 1

Would love vlaar and lescott at the centre of our defence but don't see lescott coming to villa park

Before HaryHands went and deleted all his posts he hinted that Lambert had called about Lescott but the wages were astronomical and City were not willing to pay any of them.

Might just be their starting position??

And I believe that was on loan - maybe offering cash up front to take him permanently may sway their decision on paying some of his wages (being as he'll be off their books no matter what in the Summer anyway).

And I believe that was on loan - maybe offering cash up front to take him permanently may sway their decision on paying some of his wages (being as he'll be off their books no matter what in the Summer anyway).

But what about his wage after the first six months?

Lescott on loan till the end of the season makes sense. Permanently not so much. So Okore is not going to be a starter next season? We cant find an experienced player from abroad that is cheaper on wages to partner Vlaar if Okore is not considered a starter?

I would think Lescott will be a loan deal if its done. We need permanent signings in midfield. Hoolahan and Defour would be brilliant.

Also, i wonder if their will be any outs. Obviously Ireland is the closest to leaving permanently as Stoke want to sign someone on loan so may make it permanent.

Hutton? could we possibly off load him? Given is only gone for till March. I wonder how much we are depending on offloading before we buy.

.....our style of football may seem unattractive for a manager looking to develop his player. This could effect our ability to loan anyone decent.

Yep, in half a season at Villa on loan they would only have about 10 more touches of the ball than the would on the bench for their parent club.

If Lescott signs for Villa this window I will eat my hat. I can make it a flippin' sombrero if you like.

He earns nearly ten times as much as most players in our squad. Even if City paid half his wages, it would still be more than we can currently afford. HH also hinted that the enquiry for Lescott was what Lambert was alluding to when he said he "nearly fell off his chair" asking about a player. It just ain't happening.

Edited by TJVillan

Lescott on loan till the end of the season makes sense. Permanently not so much. So Okore is not going to be a starter next season? We cant find an experienced player from abroad that is cheaper on wages to partner Vlaar if Okore is not considered a starter?

1. Maybe Lambert doesn't think Vlaar is good enough ? (jury still out for me despite better form this season)

2. Maybe Lambert thinks 3-5-2 or a formation with 3 centre backs is preferable

3. Maybe Lambert sees Lescott as a left back option

who knows.

• Like 1

If Lescott signs for Villa this window I will eat my hat. I can make it a flippin' sombrero if you like.

He earns nearly ten times as much as most players in our squad. Even if City paid half his wages, it would still be more than we can currently afford. HH also hinted that the enquiry for Lescott was what Lambert was alluding to when he said he "nearly fell off his chair" asking about a player. It just ain't happening.

If half his wages are say 45k a week, i hardly see how that's not affordable especially seeing as (a) we have current first teamers earning more than that and (B) we have a estimated income of 100m a year

I would think Lescott will be a loan deal if its done. We need permanent signings in midfield. Hoolahan and Defour would be brilliant.

Why not any 2 from 3 out of Vlaar JL and Okore?  they will all get plenty of games based on form, fitness opposition etc.  I would love the selection headache to be which 2 quality Centre backs to play rather than which midfielder will be the least worst in defence.

Edited by Straggler
  • Like 1

If half his wages are say 45k a week, i hardly see how that's not affordable especially seeing as (a) we have current first teamers earning more than that and ( B) we have a estimated income of 100m a year

Yeah, and we're desperately trying to get rid of any first teamer earning that much apart from Gabby. Perhaps we'd be willing to pay 45k/week for a 6 month loan deal but I highly doubt City would go through with that when a) other clubs would be willing to pay more of his wages and B) they are still competing in 4 different competitions so they could use the squad depth.

Edit - now understand the random sunglasses in your comment as it happened to me as well!

Edited by TJVillan

Â