Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Holtby on loan rumours doing the rounds on Twitter.

Anyone heard or know where it originated from?

actually its a spurs itk who's reliable

A bored, imaginative Twitter user.

Spurs ITKs weren't too reliable last summer.

yeah i remember. Lets hope they are right. Would love to see Holtby and Defour in midfield. We would have a completely different side with them two running the show.

Just goes to show we are not far at all from being a good side. Just need the midfield to link it all together now. Hoolahan for me would be a disappointment. Decent signing but would confirm what we all know.. lack of ambition.

How ridiculous is that, the lad had an amazing season and its put down to him actually being just ok because the rest of the defence was so bad it made him look better than he was? :D Makes absolutely zero sense either. Other players on the pitch playing good or bad doesn't change my opinion on how a different player in the team has performed.

I think Lowton is a good player but he isn't a particularly good defender if we are being honest. Would rather see him play in midfield eventually.
I think it's only Lambert's negative tactics that are preventing Lowton from showing us the same performances as last season when most of his best work was done in the opposition half. Which he rarely sets foot in now. As instructed. So may as well stick Bacuna RB and play to Lowton's strengths going forward.

Agree. I'd like to see that tried. Lowton was brilliant offensively last season.

If Benteke was playing and/or playing well he would push the CBs back and make the FBs tuck in - leaving much more room in the channels and much more room for our FBs to overlap. Without a presence up front there is far less space and so FB can't get forward as much. Added to that without Vlaar it's not wise to be too adventourous. Bennett looked decent going forward last season for the same reason

Firstly I'd dispute that as Lowton was pretty good offensively even before Benteke hit form. Also seeing as Benteke isn't playing well currently, then it would be wiser to push Lowton up where he can focus on this aspect more.

Wouldn't work....little point debating with you

To say the very least. They make it up as they go along. Any Villa fan reading their ITK insights on Benteke would know they were talking utter s**t.

How ridiculous is that, the lad had an amazing season and its put down to him actually being just ok because the rest of the defence was so bad it made him look better than he was? :D Makes absolutely zero sense either. Other players on the pitch playing good or bad doesn't change my opinion on how a different player in the team has performed.

I think Lowton is a good player but he isn't a particularly good defender if we are being honest. Would rather see him play in midfield eventually.
I think it's only Lambert's negative tactics that are preventing Lowton from showing us the same performances as last season when most of his best work was done in the opposition half. Which he rarely sets foot in now. As instructed. So may as well stick Bacuna RB and play to Lowton's strengths going forward.
Agree. I'd like to see that tried. Lowton was brilliant offensively last season.

If Benteke was playing and/or playing well he would push the CBs back and make the FBs tuck in - leaving much more room in the channels and much more room for our FBs to overlap. Without a presence up front there is far less space and so FB can't get forward as much. Added to that without Vlaar it's not wise to be too adventourous. Bennett looked decent going forward last season for the same reason

Firstly I'd dispute that as Lowton was pretty good offensively even before Benteke hit form. Also seeing as Benteke isn't playing well currently, then it would be wiser to push Lowton up where he can focus on this aspect more.

Wouldn't work....little point debating with you

Woah! Never disagree with anything you say? Noted.

Edited by Isa

To say the very least. They make it up as they go along. Any Villa fan reading their ITK insights on Benteke would know they were talking utter s**t.

I agree when its their fans making up shit about players. But why would they create such a random rumour about Holtby going to Villa? Seems odd. Who knows. Time will tell.

I agree when its their fans making up shit about players. But why would they create such a random rumour about Holtby going to Villa? Seems odd. Who knows. Time will tell.

It's not that random. We've been linked with him in the last year or 2 and Spurs have so many midfielders they can afford to let him go. It's a very easy link to make. We could be after him, but they sure as hell don't have any inside information to back it up.

Erik Lamella as Spurs is heading off to Inter on Loan so not sure they would let another midfielder , Holtby go out on loan ..

That said we are as bout as likely to sign Holtby as challenge for the league title so ...moving on.

I have not been impressed by Holtby thus far.

What about when he tore us apart at Villa Park earlier in the season? He's a top quality player and would be a fantastic signing.

The list of players that have torn us apart stretches all the way down to the second division this season and last, I don't necessarily take that as an indication of great quality.

• Like 3

From experience, which teams fans have the worst record for ITK bullshit?

Spuds must surely rule the roost on this one?

Without a doubt, even have a section on one of their forums dedicated to ITK posters.

Ahem....

We used to do that.

Erik Lamella as Spurs is heading off to Inter on Loan so not sure they would let another midfielder , Holtby go out on loan ..

That said we are as bout as likely to sign Holtby as challenge for the league title so ...moving on.

where did you hear that?

lamela's a decent footballer, his problem isn't that he needs game time (in which case a loan back to italy would make sense) its that he needs to bulk up and adapt to the physicality of the prem (in which case a loan back to italy makes no sense what so ever)

he'd be better off sat on spurs bench IMO

and to be fair to them its not like letting 2 midfielders go would mean spurs are struggling to find 2 central midfielders every week... especially seeing as sherwood is more interested in playing that kid and he recalls carroll

From experience, which teams fans have the worst record for ITK bullshit?

Spuds must surely rule the roost on this one?

Without a doubt, even have a section on one of their forums dedicated to ITK posters.

Ahem....

We used to do that.

We should do it again.  It was fun and anyone with half a brain cell knew how to distinguish reliable info from bullshit.

Here you go chaps...

Carlton Cole's agent has told Sky Sports that the striker is keeping his options open amid interest from other clubs as talks continue with West Ham regarding a contract extension.

The 30-year-old had left Upton Park last summer before rejoining West Ham in October on a deal that expires later this month.

He has scored three goals in 12 appearances for the Premier League strugglers and Sam Allardyce is keen to extend Cole's deal.

However, the likes of Aston Villa, where Cole spent the 2004/05 season on loan, Newcastle United and Queens Park Rangers are all reported to be monitoring his current situation.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9104630/transfer-news-west-ham-striker-carlton-cole-has-interest-from-other-clubs

Here you go chaps...

Carlton Cole's agent has told Sky Sports that the striker is keeping his options open amid interest from other clubs as talks continue with West Ham regarding a contract extension.

The 30-year-old had left Upton Park last summer before rejoining West Ham in October on a deal that expires later this month.

He has scored three goals in 12 appearances for the Premier League strugglers and Sam Allardyce is keen to extend Cole's deal.

However, the likes of Aston Villa, where Cole spent the 2004/05 season on loan, Newcastle United and Queens Park Rangers are all reported to be monitoring his current situation.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9104630/transfer-news-west-ham-striker-carlton-cole-has-interest-from-other-clubs

Don't post stuff like that, I've only just got over the nightmares.

Edited by av1

I don't know what's worse. The fact that I've had a kidney biopsy and in complete discomfort, or the fact that watching Villa is depressing. We need some new signings to lift our spirits up, and hopefully before the arsenal match!

Â