Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Agree a CB is needed. On Vlaar though, its two weeks until the next league game so fingers crossed he will be fit for plop.

Agree a CB is needed. On Vlaar though, its two weeks until the next league game so fingers crossed he will be fit for plop.

Next 2 league games are Liverpool and Arsenal - we are probably not going to get much Vlaar or no Vlaar - Really hope he is fit for the WBA game Jan 29 as this is a winnable game for us...or if he isn't fit a new CB/Loan. Lambert would be committing suicide if he goes Baker\Clark long term

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert: "We now have everybody fit and we are a really good side when that happens. We needed our big players back from injury.

"It could have been more than a 1-0 win, we had good chances so it could've been three or four. This is a hard place to come but I'm delighted with the result.

On the transfer window: "We will try to bring in people if it's possible. If we can get one or two experienced players in to give us a hand then we will try to do that. It could give us a lift in the dressing room if we can do it."

Confirmation he is looking for a bit more experience.

I think Essien is a shadow of what he was, not for me tbh.

Would definately go for a de Bruyne kind of player, but only with a view to a permanent deal, and would prefer that Kiyokate, that beast from Anderlecht.

Then in the summer buy 2 fowards to put Gabby and Weimann under threat.

Sell CB under no circumstances though.

Essien was one of my favourite players about 4 years ago when he was playing class, still like him now. For that reason i'd be delighted with signing him but putting that aside, not sure how much of a player he is now either.

Edited by myko

Would definately go for a de Bruyne kind of player, but only with a view to a permanent deal, and would prefer that Kiyokate, that beast from Anderlecht.

A good, experienced defensive midfielder is definitely needed.  Not only would he get more out of Westwood and Delph, but would offer a level of protection to the centre backs should Vlaar be injured in the season again.

I really rated him a few years back. But talking to a chelsea fan through work - says he was all about his athletic ability - but that has now gone - and he doesn't have a footballing brain. Sure it would be great headlines - but not for me.

Essien has never been the same since that injury he had 4/5 years ago. Shame because he was one of the best midfielders in the league before that. Still looks really rusty whenever he plays now, not for me. 

Would still like us take a 300/500k punt amongst the experienced lads with Joe Lolley of Kiddy Harriers who is going to be the next non-league to prem player, he is a MASSIVE Villa fan... see Ian Taylor who once played for Moor Green

Get in me babies! Huge win for us. #avfc

Never heard of him... ;)

really? been myself and others raving about him last few weeks... Similar player to Lee Trundle (Skill and plenty goals) best player in Non-League by a country mile!! Peterborough after him, and we seen how they made Gayle into prem player... Lolley is far better than Gayle ;)

Could have impact at Villa, one day!!! Ian Taylor cost Port Vale 15k from Moor Green :)

I love the tweet with him going ''Albrighton FFS'' :)

He used to post on here.  :thumb:

What was his username Dodgyknees?

From memory wasn't it AVFCPrideofBrum???

Yeah, he used to not have a life like the rest of us. Had around 30k posts.

I remember him. All the best, and hope he has a great future. How old his he?

Would still like us take a 300/500k punt amongst the experienced lads with Joe Lolley of Kiddy Harriers who is going to be the next non-league to prem player, he is a MASSIVE Villa fan... see Ian Taylor who once played for Moor Green

Get in me babies! Huge win for us. #avfc

Never heard of him... ;)

really? been myself and others raving about him last few weeks... Similar player to Lee Trundle (Skill and plenty goals) best player in Non-League by a country mile!! Peterborough after him, and we seen how they made Gayle into prem player... Lolley is far better than Gayle ;)

Could have impact at Villa, one day!!! Ian Taylor cost Port Vale 15k from Moor Green :)

I love the tweet with him going ''Albrighton FFS'' :)

He used to post on here.  :thumb:

What was his username Dodgyknees?

From memory wasn't it AVFCPrideofBrum???

Yeah, he used to not have a life like the rest of us. Had around 30k posts.

I remember him. All the best, and hope he has a great future. How old his he?

21 mate

Â