Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Apparently we will be signing Michael Mancienne from Hamburg, not bad as a centre half / defensive mid

He was bang average last time round, unless he's improved dramatically i can't see any logic behind this one. Just another body in for the sake of numbers

Not the way forward IMHO

Apparently we will be signing Michael Mancienne from Hamburg, not bad as a centre half / defensive mid

I wouldn't say no to him as a short-term option. Decent footballer and versatile also.

Yes, he was very ordinary at Wolves, and looked a weak link in every appearance for Chelsea.

Bit small for a centre half from what I can remember?

Haven't seen him for about 3 years though so he may have improved.

Yes, he was very ordinary at Wolves, and looked a weak link in every appearance for Chelsea.

No he is about six-foot and physically capable too. He has matured as a player since leaving England.

I just can't see what he adds apart from a salary and a bum on the bench. He's no great player, and his experience isn't leader based which is what we need

I'm not sure why any of our players would look up to him for any sort of guidance considering the low key career path he's had since initially being highly thought of

No he is about six-foot and physically capable too. He has matured as a player since leaving England.

He's 5'10"

Joined Hamburg in 2011 and has only made 37 appearances apparently. Not sure why they'd let him go out on loan if he's been pulling up any trees for them ?

He's 5'10"

Joined Hamburg in 2011 and has only made 37 appearances apparently. Not sure why they'd let him go out on loan if he's been pulling up any trees for them ?

184cm according to Whoscored which equates to about 6ft. That sounds about right anyway based on how tall he looks when playing. Saw him on quite a few occasions last season and he wasn't too bad at all, strong aerially as I said. Has some pace and comfortable on the ball.

Beggers can't be choosers I don't think. If true, we would only be signing him for the short-term and he is competant enough to fufill our needs in my humble opinion.

Edited by Isa

I'd rather get someone to improve our midfield than someone who can play in midfield a bit sometimes.

We aren't beggars. We are 11th and should be getting players in to improve our first XI, as Lambert has led us to believe.

I want all of out January signings, loan or buys, to go into the first XI and stay there on merit.

I'd rather get someone to improve our midfield than someone who can play in midfield a bit sometimes.

We aren't beggars. We are 11th and should be getting players in to improve our first XI, as Lambert has led us to believe.

I want all of out January signings, loan or buys, to go into the first XI and stay there on merit.

I meant because we only seem to be trying to loan that type of player because of the injury problems with our other CBs. So if true, he'd be coming in as squad player anyway and would probably be quite modest in terms of wages and loan-fee. The biggest priority should be an AM and a DM if possible. I'd rather we push most of our money in going for those two positions.

Â