Weather...

Dodgyknees

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

I am not looking for sympathy.I love the weather here ( 12days a year of rain,3 days of overcast and the rest of the year is blue skies and sunshine.Its the middle of winter here and we have had blue skies and sunshine all day.No,Im just saying that 40/40+ is not easy to put up with. 

I’m only pulling your leg mate. If the thermostat reads over 20 here I start whinging about it 

5 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

If the thermostat reads under 20 here I get my thermal underwear on.🙃

I cant remember the exact temperature, but when I was in Hanoi there was a temperature - I think it might have been 11 degrees C - where if it went under that they closed all the public schools.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I cant remember the exact temperature, but when I was in Hanoi there was a temperature - I think it might have been 11 degrees C - where if it went under that they closed all the public schools.

Network Rail have a similar business model.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

In Alice Springs if the temperature is 28c they close the swimming pools because its too cold to swim.

I went to one of the water parks in Orlando and it was about 21/22 degrees C. It was like a ghost town, I asked a member of staff why it was so quiet and they said it was because it was so cold. No locals would go outdoor swimming in that weather. Made even less sense because all the water was heated.

You cant win where the weather is concerned.Over here around about March people ( Im one of them ) start moaning about how they are sick of blue skies and sunshine every day,for like 5 months.Then they are wrapped when we get our first overcast or rainy day but then ( and I am one of them again ) after 1 week of winter we have had enough of it and want the sun back again. 

Oh, yeah. Bloody hell. I'm sweating out here. Roasting. Boiling. Baking. Sweltering. It's like a sauna. Furnace. You can fry an egg on my stomach. Ohh, who wouldn't lap this up? It's ridiculous. Tremendous. Fantastic. Fan-dabby-dozy-tastic.

People say, "Don't you miss it?" I say, "What, England? Nah. **** place. It's a dump. Don't make me laugh. Grey, grimy, sooty. What a shit hole. What a toilet. Every word removed with a long face shuffling about, moaning, all worried. No thanks, not for me." They say, "What's it like, then, Poland?" And I'll say, "It's hot. Hot. Oh, it's **** hot. Too hot? Not for me, I love it."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Oh, yeah. Bloody hell. I'm sweating out here. Roasting. Boiling. Baking. Sweltering. It's like a sauna. Furnace. You can fry an egg on my stomach. Ohh, who wouldn't lap this up? It's ridiculous. Tremendous. Fantastic. Fan-dabby-dozy-tastic.

People say, "Don't you miss it?" I say, "What, England? Nah. **** place. It's a dump. Don't make me laugh. Grey, grimy, sooty. What a shit hole. What a toilet. Every word removed with a long face shuffling about, moaning, all worried. No thanks, not for me." They say, "What's it like, then, Poland?" And I'll say, "It's hot. Hot. Oh, it's **** hot. Too hot? Not for me, I love it."

Sexy beast ?

• Thanks 1

I take it back. You do not want to be hungover in this weather. It's too hot to go outdoors or indoors. What I need is for someone to take me for a drive in a comfortable, air-conditioned car.

Edited by fightoffyour

On 06/07/2021 at 13:22, fightoffyour said:

For some reason my view of Poland and its climate is based on the early 80s footage of the Gdansk shipyards. It always seemed wet, grey and cold. 

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

For some reason my view of Poland and its climate is based on the early 80s footage of the Gdansk shipyards. It always seemed wet, grey and cold. 

Sounds more like the UK to me. Even when it's cold, and it does get pretty cold, the days are usually beautifully sunny, crisp Winter days. Grey days are so rare that they usually make se say or think "ugh, it's like a nice day in Manchester here today."

• Like 1

‘Heat dome’ probably killed 1bn marine animals on Canada coast, experts say

Dead mussels at the waterline in British Columbia.

British Columbia scientist says heat essentially cooked mussels: ‘The shore doesn’t usually crunch when you walk’

More than 1 billion marine animals along Canada’s Pacific coast are likely to have died from last week’s record heatwave, experts warn, highlighting the vulnerability of ecosystems unaccustomed to extreme temperatures. 

Christopher Harley, a marine biologist at the University of British Columbia, has calculated that more than a billion marine animals may have been killed by the unusual heat.

A walk along a Vancouver-area beach highlighted the magnitude of devastation brought on by the heatwave, he said.

“The shore doesn’t usually crunch when you walk on it. But there were so many empty mussel shells lying everywhere that you just couldn’t avoid stepping on dead animals while walking around,” he said.

Harley was struck by the smell of rotting mussels, many of which were in effect cooked by the abnormally warm water. Snails, sea stars and clams were decaying in the shallow water. “It was an overpowering, visceral experience,” he said.

While the air around Vancouver hovered around the high 30s (about 100F), Harley and a student used infrared cameras to record temperatures above 50C (122F) along the rocky shore.

“It was so hot when I was out with a student that we collected data for a little bit and then retreated to the shade and ate frozen grapes,” said Harley. “But of course, the mussels, sea stars and clams don’t have that option.”

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/jul/08/heat-dome-canada-pacific-northwest-animal-deaths

36 minutes ago, Tegis said:

My plan to move at least 50 meters above sealevel looks better every year 🙁

Luckily Rowley Regis is quite a fair bit above sea level (nearly 270mtrs I think).

This 'moon wobble' is only going to make things worse.

• Like 1

Â