Weather...

Dodgyknees

Wish i'd said OK to Audi re-gassing my air con last week, when it was being serviced. 

30 degrees in the car today and the air con is useless. Driving along sticking my head out the window like a cocker spaniel. 

• Haha 2

Erfstadt where my friends live

Drove to bavaria this morning been 25° perfect weather all day, must have been passed on the other side of the autobahn by at least 8 ambulance / water rescue teams 

Its scary shit, was in the pissed off thread Wednesday moaning that football had been cancelled due to biblical rain, its shocking what the result has been, literally never happened before in some places 

80+ people dead, 1300+ missing, heard stories about a disabled home where its killed the entire ground floor 

IMG-20210716-WA0004.jpg

Edited by villa4europe
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Xela said:

Wish i'd said OK to Audi re-gassing my air con last week, when it was being serviced. 

30 degrees in the car today and the air con is useless. Driving along sticking my head out the window like a cocker spaniel. 

I changed cars this week, I'm going to look for somewhere to regas mine in the morning

5 hours ago, sne said:

Altenburg Germany

För några dagar sedan var tyska staden Altenburg lika pittoresk och grönskande som vanligt.Altenburg efter de enorma översvämningarna.

Without wishing to be horrible, why are people shocked when a flood plain... floods, Even from a simple aerial photo like that on the left, it's clearly an alluvial flood plain and on the right, it's flooded right up to the tree line. The trees are the clever bastards here

Its the same in the UK we're always building of flood plains, there's a housing estate up the road in Formby as you enter the village that is currently being built ON A FLOODPLAIN. It got refused planning permission a good number of times for that reason but hey ho away they go

7 hours ago, bickster said:

Without wishing to be horrible, why are people shocked when a flood plain... floods, Even from a simple aerial photo like that on the left, it's clearly an alluvial flood plain and on the right, it's flooded right up to the tree line. The trees are the clever bastards here

Its the same in the UK we're always building of flood plains, there's a housing estate up the road in Formby as you enter the village that is currently being built ON A FLOODPLAIN. It got refused planning permission a good number of times for that reason but hey ho away they go

Yep, same around here. We're well up on the hillside overlooking the river Aire, which has flooded regularly in recent years. And down below us there's a big new  housing development, right next to it. Nice houses. And people buy them. I cannot comprehend why anyone in their right mind would even consider it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bickster said:

The developers will have sold the local planning committee some half arsed sham of a flood remediation plan which will fail the first proper flood they get. 

It is possible though.  If you travel into Kingsbury Village near Bodymoor Heath there is an old mill next to the river right on the island, used to be a couple of retail and commercial units there as well. 

Used to flood every other year.  They kept working on the defences but still it would flood a lot. 

Anyway, they developed the plot with housing and really beefed up the defences to an extent that the surrounding fields would flood before that compound and it's not flooded since, even with the really big floods we've seen in the last 10 years or so. 

But that was one small compound, no way could you do similar in a big housing development, not without making it look like Warwick Castle on steroids. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Yep, same around here. We're well up on the hillside overlooking the river Aire, which has flooded regularly in recent years. And down below us there's a big new  housing development, right next to it. Nice houses. And people buy them. I cannot comprehend why anyone in their right mind would even consider it. 

Well,in the USA people keep building houses right in the path of tornados.

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Let's do this. Let's do that. Let's sit in the garden. Let's have a bbq.

You know what.

Let's not.

It's **** vile heat this.

Lovely during the day

Can get to **** at night though! 

Because I’ve worked in it all week I hardly sat in it yesterday. Even hotter today. Me and my missus had a bit of a fallout so I left her to it and buggered off my mums for the day/night. She lives in a flat , so there was nowhere to sit and take in the sun. Will catch a few rays today, but I’m a bit more careful these days regarding my sun intake . Not been burnt this year so far, which is a plan I want to stick to.

I'm not even testing the sun today.  I could only sit out in 5 minute spells yesterday before it got uncomfortable.  It's Ok abroad as you can jump in the pool or go inside to aircon. 

I'm sitting watching telly and reading VT inside with the fan on and generally moving as little as possible. 

Might go out for an ice-cream later maybe. 

Will go lie in the hammock once the heat has really gone from the sun. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm not even testing the sun today.  I could only sit out in 5 minute spells yesterday before it got uncomfortable.  It's Ok abroad as you can jump in the pool or go inside to aircon. 

I'm sitting watching telly and reading VT inside with the fan on and generally moving as little as possible. 

Might go out for an ice-cream later maybe. 

Will go lie in the hammock once the heat has really gone from the sun. 

Same here. I feel like a right miserable word removed sat watching TV but it’s just no fun in this heat.

Praying the ice cream man makes a visit.

Just done a 5 hour ride on the bike. Organised event. Had to get the wife to pick me up 10 miles from the end because I was struggling to turn the pedals. every minute I was wringing sweat out of my helmet which was obviously getting rid of all salts too. 30°c is too hot for cardio sports.

Is it a heatwave in Europe and USA too?

Staying with the kids in Porthmadog, North Wales for a few days, its absolutely ROASTING, its actually too hot. 32 degrees yesterday and no wind, must have ‘felt like’ about 36+, it was unbearable, even the house was like a Sauna. I didn’t cool down until 11pm.

Â