Weather...

Dodgyknees

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Its 5cm by 5cm by 5cm

That's not what it says, and it looks much bigger than that in the review photos too. Looking forward to hearing if it's any good because I might get one tomorrow if it's decent

Package Dimensions ‎19.3 x 17.3 x 15.4 cm; 1 Kilograms
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Heat networks are probably the way forward.

Wasn't aware of heat networks but they look interesting. 

The main driver for the wife wanting a heat pump is environmental reasons but I doubt we'll do it in this house as it's not a long term one for us. 

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That's not what it says, and it looks much bigger than that in the review photos too. Looking forward to hearing if it's any good because I might get one tomorrow if it's decent

I was joking

• Like 1

my heating broke down today.  Doesn't sound like much of an issue until you realise that my upstairs radiators are turning on all by themselves.  I even turned off the boiler, so I must have discovered some miracle of modern engineering where hot water is generated with no power input at all.  I'm assuming I have a reserve of hot water that it is going to pump out heat until it runs out.  Fortunately it is just upstairs so we can all sleep downstairs, but it is not great to have the heating on today.

• Shocked 1

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think last night is the worst I’ve experienced in the UK for overnight heat. 23 degrees at midnight can get in the **** bin!

I texted a mate last night saying exactly the same thing. It was unbearable. 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I thought he was joking :lol:

The reviews are quite positive. I just hope it gets the temperature down a couple of degrees so I can get to sleep.

I will report back tomorrow :thumb: 

I am absolutely amazed but I've just ordered a 16" pedastal fan from Argos and it's available for collection on Thursday. 

OK, will be a little late for the height of this current heatwave but I'll still have it for the rest of the summer.  Usually you just can't get hold of them at all when it's this hot. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I am absolutely amazed but I've just ordered a 16" pedastal fan from Argos and it's available for collection on Thursday. 

OK, will be a little late for the height of this current heatwave but I'll still have it for the rest of the summer.  Usually you just can't get hold of them at all when it's this hot. 

That's guaranteed shit weather for the next six months then. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Genie said:

Just invested in an air cooler fan type jobbie. £23.99, reviews look good and delivered today before 10.

907-FDD8-F-D0-BA-465-B-BE3-E-B9963-DEF29

It has a water compartment you put in the freezer then it blow chilled air. 

Full review tomorrow 

We had a large one of those in our bedroom while living in Vancouver.  The houses there are wooden, so in a heatwave it's absolutely bonkers.

The machine was ok for an hour or so, but the water seemed to warm up too quickly and then it was just behaving like a regular fan.  It worked with like a freezer bag-style ice block that went into the water compartment.

8 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

We had a large one of those in our bedroom while living in Vancouver.  The houses there are wooden, so in a heatwave it's absolutely bonkers.

The machine was ok for an hour or so, but the water seemed to warm up too quickly and then it was just behaving like a regular fan.  It worked with like a freezer bag-style ice block that went into the water compartment.

I’ve just turned it off, waste of time. If anything it made the room hotter.

Its 28 degrees in our bedroom now, bloody melting.

It’ll go back to Amazon tomorrow for a refund. Can’t win them all

Edited by Genie
  • Sad 1

Weather has fried my brain

went to the gym at lunchtime , same one I’ve been going to for about 15 years

hit the showers after my work out and pushed the shower button , nothing came out , tried it 4 or 5 more times , still nothing … before realising I was pushing the soap dispenser button  

I’m not built for this heat 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Genie said:

I’ve just turned it off, waste of time. If anything it made the room hotter.

Its 28 degrees in our bedroom now, bloody melting.

It’ll go back to Amazon tomorrow for a refund. Can’t win them all

Aw crap, one of my favourite channels could have warned you :D

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The reviews must be fake. Amazon are great for returns so it was worth a punt.

There is a website/addon that you can install on firefox and chrome that detects if amazon sellers and reviews are genuine 

https://www.fakespot.com/

Edited by Daniel
  • Thanks 2

Â