Weather...

Dodgyknees

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Feels like November today. Grey, a bit rainy and very chilly. You’d think we’re in Autumn heading into winter. I want to get my shorts on please, not dig the jumpers back out. It’s crap. 

I think it’s been rather warm today, or should I say muggy . I’ve had shorts and T-shirt on at work and been sweating quite a lot . Only been at Warwick, which is not far from you.

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think it’s been rather warm today, or should I say muggy . I’ve had shorts and T-shirt on at work and been sweating quite a lot . Only been at Warwick, which is not far from you.

Yep, as soon as I posted that it went really warm within the hour lol.

At least 486 sudden deaths were reported over five days during British Columbia’s unprecedented heatwave, suggesting the extreme weather that affected western Canada in recent days was far deadlier than initially believed.

115F in Portland, OR the other day as well. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/01/british-columbia-sees-195-increase-in-sudden-deaths-during-canada-heatwave

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

What do you guys call warm ?

If I’m working then 25 is warm You have to take into account the heat on the roof with the heat rebounding off the felt or tiles. So if it’s 25, then it will be hotter on the roof. I could probably go as low as 22/23 where it feels hot on the roof. Now if I’m not working or on holiday then I’d say once you start getting around the 30 mark .

Edited by Rugeley Villa

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It’s also staying around 40 at night is it not? Poor people and animals 

I did a spell working in the outback in 2014 where there was 2 or 3 weeks constant mid 40s+ in the day and 30 whatever+ at night. It ended with the mother of all storms. I absolutely loved the heat though. I think I’m basically lizard DNA

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

I did a spell working in the outback in 2014 where there was 2 or 3 weeks constant mid 40s+ in the day and 30 whatever+ at night. It ended with the mother of all storms. I absolutely loved the heat though. I think I’m basically lizard DNA

I like the heat if I’m not working in it . I’ve found the older I get the less I can handle it at work . When we go abroad I like it in the 30s . What kind of work were you doing? 

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I like the heat if I’m not working in it . I’ve found the older I get the less I can handle it at work . When we go abroad I like it in the 30s . What kind of work were you doing? 

Aircraft trials

• Like 1

Been weird this week. A couple of days ago it was like late October, dark, rainy and cold - we put the heating back on. Today, solid blue sky, scorchio sun. 

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Sounds interesting . How long were you out there? 

8 or so weeks at a time, for a few years. So to stay on topic I was there for at least some of each month of the year(s). The weather varied from seriously hot Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, to hot Oct, March to warm, Sep, April to sunny May,June July to cool (and even cold) in August. But that Jan 2014 spell was something else not so much for the heat, but for it hanging around so long. The normal pattern is kind of saw-tooth, not steady. I was in AUS as well when there were all those bush fires and that was another hot time. It seems like some places get hit by extremes more than others. 

• Like 1

On 30/06/2021 at 12:09, sne said:

Vancouver had 49,5  °C and Portland Oregon 46.7  °C this week. That's just crazy.

My sister in law lives in Vancouver, she's fled with the family to an expensive hotel somewhere in the mountains where it's a bit cooler and they have air con, because they don't have it in their house.

She's lucky, they're pretty well off. I feel for everyone living through it, it sounds like hell.

Yes,its bad.Over here in Perth we get a few days in Febuary when its 40/40+ and its terrible.Four days of 40 digrees is classed as a heat wave and its real hard to get through even with aircon.Everybody here has either aircon or a swimming pool or both yet everyone still complains if its over 40

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Yes,its bad.Over here in Perth we get a few days in Febuary when its 40/40+ and its terrible.Four days of 40 digrees is classed as a heat wave and its real hard to get through even with aircon.Everybody here has either aircon or a swimming pool or both yet everyone still complains if its over 40

play boo hoo GIF by Great Big Story

Well, sun is out in Tamworth (not New South Wales Tamworth either) and I’m clambering for the pub before the forthcoming week of heavy rain. 

Hope you’ll forgive my lack of sympathy sir 😉

• Haha 1

On 01/07/2021 at 14:32, mjmooney said:

Been weird this week. A couple of days ago it was like late October, dark, rainy and cold - we put the heating back on. Today, solid blue sky, scorchio sun. 

Aaaaand.... now it's gone shit again. 

• Haha 1

On 02/07/2021 at 06:45, SuperTed said:

play boo hoo GIF by Great Big Story

Well, sun is out in Tamworth (not New South Wales Tamworth either) and I’m clambering for the pub before the forthcoming week of heavy rain. 

Hope you’ll forgive my lack of sympathy sir 😉

I am not looking for sympathy.I love the weather here ( 12days a year of rain,3 days of overcast and the rest of the year is blue skies and sunshine.Its the middle of winter here and we have had blue skies and sunshine all day.No,Im just saying that 40/40+ is not easy to put up with. 

• Like 2

Â