Weather...

Dodgyknees

• 1 year later...

There's a bit of weather going on.

Provisional figures suggest more than 340mm of rain fell in 24 hours in the Lake District. The current record is 316.4mm of rain over the same time period at Seathwaite, Cumbria, in 2009.

BBC

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

The sky is a very dull grey/yellow, the white buildings around me look like the stained plastic you used to get on old video game consoles. I am picking up a very eerie vibe whilst those around me appear to be jovial and loving it.

I am a massive fan of post apocalyptic films so I think I speak with some degree of experience when I tell people this is the end of **** days.

Edited by rodders0223

Been very yellow all day in Nuneaton. It's lessening in intensity now, but up to an hour ago it really seemed as though I was viewing the world through tinted glasses. Eerie is the right word.

It's the storm over in Ireland.  It's picked up dust from the Sahara, and that dust is high in the atmosphere, so when light passes through it, after the dust the light is refracting at a different frequency - thus the Sun looks red and the sky seems "yellow". 

People with colour blindness have never had it so good! :lol: 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's the storm over in Ireland.  It's picked up dust from the Sahara, and that dust is high in the atmosphere, so when light passes through it, after the dust the light is refracting at a different frequency - thus the Sun looks red and the sky seems "yellow". 

That's what they want you to think.

Â