Weather...

Dodgyknees

It bugs me when they use the term victim. Oh, my shit got wet, I'm a victim of the floods!

I mean, come on, think about it for a minute. Your flooded living room doesn't even compare to what happens during monsoons in India etc.

They are still victims though ... Bit harsh to think they deserve no sympathy just because someone else gets it worse ... 8 people have died in the UK , worth thinking about that whilst you are being " bugged "

Edit: not intended to sound as harsh as it possibly comes across

True, but no one has even mentioned the 40 odd killed by floods in Bolivia right now. Why are their lives worse less?

• Like 1

It bugs me when they use the term victim. Oh, my shit got wet, I'm a victim of the floods!

I mean, come on, think about it for a minute. Your flooded living room doesn't even compare to what happens during monsoons in India etc.

They are still victims though ... Bit harsh to think they deserve no sympathy just because someone else gets it worse ... 8 people have died in the UK , worth thinking about that whilst you are being " bugged "

True, but no one has even mentioned the 40 odd killed by floods in Bolivia right now. Why are their lives worse less?

Same as if roles were reversed, they wouldn't be mentioning us. It just doesn't work that way unfortunately.

Jesus mate, I hope everyone's ok.

Covered by insurance, right?

Sadly no. I'm applying for government aid to repair the damage. It's the personal loss that's irreplaceable. I loved that bloody shrub.

Same as if roles were reversed, they wouldn't be mentioning us. It just doesn't work that way unfortunately.

Exactly, local news will be considered more relevant, especially if it a freak occurrence such as the major flooding the UK has had.

Absolutely glorious sunshine in North London today.

Yep, lovely weather here in West London.

Not that I'm making the most of it, though. I've spent the last however many weeks grumbling to myself about the wind & rain, but now it's a nice, clear, calm day, I'm sitting at home doing **** all about it.

Quite true, I've just never been able to work out why. 

My business partner who runs our "Spanish division" (which basically involves ordering shit for me and passing along any random word removed who calls from the website) has been moaning about the weather. I told him to switch on BBC News then call me back.

Not that it's bad here again in London. Cloudy, but warm enough.

• 2 weeks later...

It's -10 c in Boston right now. With all the snow and frigid air we've had in New England this winter, I can safely say this is the worst winter I've lived through here in my 42 years. Brutal and relentless. Another 7 inches of snow is due on Monday...

Â