Weather...

Dodgyknees

Currently sounds like the double doors to my balcony are about to cave in. The Mrs is looking increasingly worried :D

Definitely a back doors/DHUTWU joke in there somewhere

Yeah, to be fair she has looked equally worried whenever I've suggested caving in those doors as well

It's started snowing here...

... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST FRIDAY...

* LOCATIONS... INCLUDE WESTERN... CENTRAL AND INTERIOR NORTHEAST MASSACHUSETTS... AS WELL AS SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE.

* HAZARD TYPES... SNOW POSSIBLY MIXING WITH SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN FOR AREAS ALONG A LINE FROM SPRINGFIELD TO WORCESTER MA NORTHEAST TO MANCHESTER NH. SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR WILL BE POSSIBLE.

* ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 10 TO 14 INCHES. LOCALLY UP TO 18 INCHES IN THE BERKSHIRES.

* TIMING... SNOW... BECOMING HEAVY AT TIMES BEFORE CHANGING TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN LATE TODAY AND THIS EVENING... MAINLY CENTRAL AND NORTHEAST MA. HEAVY SNOW LIKELY WESTERN MA TO SOUTHERN NH THURSDAY NIGHT.

http://www.weather.com/video/up-to-18-inches-of-snow-for-northeast-42444

Edited by leviramsey

9:30am thurs still snowing/sleet/freezing road.

Supposed to be another 4 inches before 3pm when it ends.

Even 4x4 trucks have been sliding of roads.

This is mental!13yn4p.jpg

It managed to turn your house upside down :o

Oh bollocks, it's right way up for me! Anyway supposed to be 73 next week here, sc weather is chuffing mental.

House is shaking like crazy I'm expecting to wake up tomorrow in Oz with the wicked witch of the East crushed under the house

I'm a couple of miles from Chertsey and got loads of friends who live there and are just sitting and waiting to see if they get hit or not ... They've done the sandbags and moved everything upstairs nothing left to do but wait

The Chertsey sausage is in place which interesting is going to protect one half of lots of the streets , whilst flooding the other half even more !!

It bugs me when they use the term victim. Oh, my shit got wet, I'm a victim of the floods!

I mean, come on, think about it for a minute. Your flooded living room doesn't even compare to what happens during monsoons in India etc.

They are still victims though ... Bit harsh to think they deserve no sympathy just because someone else gets it worse ... 8 people have died in the UK , worth thinking about that whilst you are being " bugged "

Edit: not intended to sound as harsh as it possibly comes across

Edited by tonyh29

My house is on the crest of a hill, overlooking the coast.

It got quite windy last night. I'm sure the whole thing has been moved back a metre. The roof timbers were audibly straining and creaking. Especially at 2:00am, 3:00am, 4:00am and 5:00am Absolutely knackered now but if I go back to bed that's the weekend wiped out. So I reckon it's a day of cake and biscuits and pizza to give myself lots of unhealthy short term energy until I collapse this evening with a few glasses of sleep enhancing whiskey.

The local beach has basically lost all its sand. The level has dropped about a metre and the steps and ramps down to the sand stop well short. I've lived here all my life, I've never seen that before. If anyone has a sandy beach that they didn't have before Christmas could you drop us a message and we'll come and get it.

Â