Weather...

Dodgyknees

I live in Worcester City Centre and it's flooding everywhere. The ONLY way I can get to my flat is to drive down a 1way street the wrong way. Is that still illegal? What am I supposed to do if they've closed all the roads which lead to my flat? 

Reverse back down the road.

Hope you don't live too near the river, they've had to evacuate a number of people now from the flats.  The new 'Cruise Thru' has opened by the bridge though.

bigmac.jpg

Seriously, good luck to you.  I live on the West side, the City has been sliced in half by the bridge closure and traffic is gridlocked around the outskirts.

I live in Worcester City Centre and it's flooding everywhere. The ONLY way I can get to my flat is to drive down a 1way street the wrong way. Is that still illegal? What am I supposed to do if they've closed all the roads which lead to my flat? 

Reverse back down the road.

Hope you don't live too near the river, they've had to evacuate a number of people now from the flats.  The new 'Cruise Thru' has opened by the bridge though.

bigmac.jpg

Seriously, good luck to you.  I live on the West side, the City has been sliced in half by the bridge closure and traffic is gridlocked around the outskirts.

I live pretty much next door to the Hive. Water so far isn't getting to my flat, but all the surrounding roads are really flooded. Pitchcroft racetrack is just a river at the minute. I think the bridge is closed today again isn't it? Do you live on the other side of the bridge from town?

Edited by PieFacE

I think the bridge is closed today again isn't it? Do you live on the other side of the bridge from town?

And New Road (to vehicles and pedestrians), apparently.

Beeb have just said that the severn has just equalled 2007 record levels in town, too.

I think the bridge is closed today again isn't it? Do you live on the other side of the bridge from town?

Beeb have just said that the severn has just equalled 2007 record levels in town, too.

PieFace, I'm guessing you live just round the right hand bend here?  I would imagine you'll be fine driving down through the one way as nothing will be coming the other way.  The bridge is closed, New Road is underwater but fortunately a shuttle bus is in operation to take people across.

I live in St Johns and fortunately work on the same side of the river.

The entry at 3:24 pm may be relevant to you on this link:

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/11003709.Storms_to_come_as_Worcestershire_continues_to_battle_against_flood__Live_coverage/?ref=var_0

Butts.jpg

Edited by claretman

PieFace, I'm guessing you live just round the right hand bend here?  I would imagine you'll be fine driving down through the one way as nothing will be coming the other way.  The bridge is closed, New Road is underwater but fortunately a shuttle bus is in operation to take people across.

I live in St Johns and fortunately work on the same side of the river.

The entry at 3:24 pm may be relevant to you on this link:

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/11003709.Storms_to_come_as_Worcestershire_continues_to_battle_against_flood__Live_coverage/?ref=var_0

Butts.jpg

Yup I do! Yesterday there were some buses coming up the other way so I didn't go down it. However, if that's how it's looking now I doubt that any buses will be coming up!

And yes nice one for the 3:24pm link. That's exactly my problem! Seems a bit daft if you'd get booked by the police for going down there if there's nothing coming up?

Following the diversions like advised will not get me home. So the only way is to go down the one way. 

Edited by PieFacE

Â