Getting older

villaguy

Maybe thats because I dont feel like a 79 yo and I also dont act like a 79 yo.I feel around 30 and as I said I am quite fit and active,also if you check the Chess thread in the forums you will see that my mind is quite active as well.

• Like 2

On 06/04/2022 at 18:24, Seat68 said:

My wife's libido is nil. It doesn't exist. It's been that way pretty much forever. God knows how we have a child. 

Snap! Although my other half of waiting for a hip replacement so it's probably not the most comfortable activity for her.  

Not sure if I'm that bothered either. If I have an itch I scratch it but that's getting less and less now too. I'm 47 in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

I'm 51. In my head I still feel young. But then I look in the mirror and see a white beard, white chest hair, sagging jowls, crow's feet, a bald spot and graying temples. It is really depressing. 

I look in the medicine cabinet and I see blood pressure meds, and stool softeners.

Vigorous workouts tend to result in some form of pain or injury. 

If I shave and wear a hat, people think I'm in my late 30s. But then I'll do things like groan when standing up from a seated position which is a dead giveaway. 

When despondent about getting older just remind yourself of the alternative. And enjoy your relative youth to the fullest.

I'm sure there are many 81 year olds who would snap at the chance to go back to being 51 again. It's all relative. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'm 51. In my head I still feel young. But then I look in the mirror and see a white beard, white chest hair, sagging jowls, crow's feet, a bald spot and graying temples. It is really depressing. 

I look in the medicine cabinet and I see blood pressure meds, and stool softeners.

Vigorous workouts tend to result in some form of pain or injury. 

If I shave and wear a hat, people think I'm in my late 30s. But then I'll do things like groan when standing up from a seated position which is a dead giveaway. 

When despondent about getting older just remind yourself of the alternative. And enjoy your relative youth to the fullest.

I'm sure there are many 81 year olds who would snap at the chance to go back to being 51 again. It's all relative. 

The trick is not to care. This 68 year old is perfectly OK with being 68, aches and pains notwithstanding. 

I'll let you know when that changes. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The trick is not to care. This 68 year old is perfectly OK with being 68, aches and pains notwithstanding. 

I'll let you know when that changes. 

Bang on.

Be comfortable in your own skin and make the most of life’s pleasures that come your way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, og1874 said:

Anyone else’s focus going down the pan as they get older? I’m finding it very hard to get sustained periods of work in any more 

Erm... sorry, what were you saying? 

• Haha 2

On 13/04/2022 at 15:10, og1874 said:

Anyone else’s focus going down the pan as they get older? I’m finding it very hard to get sustained periods of work in any more 

I'm fine with work and have to concentrate a lot, but outside of work, my focus and drive is all gone. I'm like a cat that just stares into space. 

Can't concentrate on reading or even listening to audiobooks. Attention span is shot to shit. 

1 minute ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

You aren't old unless - 

You ran outside to see the Goodyear Airship. 

NO 

You know the Blue Ridge Mountains are in Virgina and know exactly why you know that. 

YES (but not because of a reissued Laurel & Hardy recording). 

You followed a Villa match by waiting for the score to update on Teletext.

YES. Although I predate teletext by a long way.

You know the phone number 01 811 8055. 

NO

You can sing "Don Amott - King of Caravans". 

NO 

You used a thin, crumbling slab of asbestos at school for safety reasons. 

Probably, I don't remember much about science. 

You had pop delivered. 

YES

You spent your dinner money on Defender. 

NO. Didn't have school dinners, don't know what Defender is/was. 

You have eaten Findus Crispy Pancakes. 

NO 

You recorded the Top 40 on cassette trying very hard not to record the DJ talking over the record. 

YES

4/10 I'm obviously not old. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm fine with work and have to concentrate a lot, but outside of work, my focus and drive is all gone. I'm like a cat that just stares into space. 

Can't concentrate on reading or even listening to audiobooks. Attention span is shot to shit. 

Is it not technology that's done that to us to some extent.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

9. No idea what 

You can sing "Don Amott - King of Caravans". means

Don Amott is/was a caravan dealer. He had an annoying advert on Central that seemed to be on every commercial break.  It had a ridulously catchy tune.  

Just now, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Don Amott is/was a caravan dealer. He had an annoying advert on Central that seemed to be on every commercial break.  It had a ridulously catchy tune.  

Another one was for Stechford Tiles who had a regular jingle on BRMB radio, as I followed the villa away games on Tony Butler's Saturday afternoon sports show. 

• Like 1

Â