Getting older

villaguy

I remember when Wayne Rooney broke though he was the first footballer I noticed as being younger than me.

Now Villa are signing a lad from Rangers who was born in the same year I finished uni.

On 23/04/2022 at 17:12, markavfc40 said:

You live in Sutton Coldfield don't you mate? The natives there could all do themselves a favour, and the NHS as a whole, by ceasing to vote Tory. 

Eh? We've got Brexit now. Give it a year or two and we'll all have personal physicians from the £350m per week we're saving. Didn't you see the bus? 

Seemingly, my sleep injuries are getting worse. I woke up about 3 weeks ago with tendonitis, I have had it twice previously and as it's in my foot it's pretty bad. It's still here over 3 weeks later. 

17 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I remember when Wayne Rooney broke though he was the first footballer I noticed as being younger than me.

Now Villa are signing a lad from Rangers who was born in the same year I finished uni.

I only started Uni in the 2006/07 season, so I guess I’ve got 18 years on this lad. Not sure I should be in this thread for another few 😋

On 16/10/2013 at 14:21, mjmooney said:

Did you return the favour? Would seem the gentlemanly thing to do. 

nearly 9 years later  but reading your comment made me recall one of my mates was on the the old dating apps , met some girl in Bristol took her out to dinner , back to the hotel room and got given a blowie 

He decided exactly as you say the gentlemanly thing to do at that point would be to repay the favour 

which was when he found out that repaying the favour would also have involved giving a blowie  :) 

tbf the photo he showed us of the "lady" in question i think it would have fooled most people  ....  i scored almost full marks on the old "Chick or Dick"  test that did the rounds on the internet a few years back , but even my spider senses couldn't by sure looking at the picture 

but that doesn't stop us ribbing him about it all these years later  :)  

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

which was when he found out that repaying the favour would also have involved giving a blowie 

What we all want to know is... did he? 

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Seemingly, my sleep injuries are getting worse. I woke up about 3 weeks ago with tendonitis, I have had it twice previously and as it's in my foot it's pretty bad. It's still here over 3 weeks later. 

Seriously painful ! I also now have bouts of it after ankle injuries ,Good luck 

• Thanks 1

On 16/10/2013 at 14:20, ME said:

So women just attacked to guys with blowies?!?!  Strange stuff.

I miss the lack of responsibility and life being filled with anticipation. That's about all I miss from the younger days. I like my freedom. The only down fall of getting older for me is that I feel aches and pains a little more and I'm getting more annoyed with people. I hate that. I have always been so happy and a people person, but more and more I keep finding people I want to smack.

Women still throw themselves at me so I'm good there.

I'd pay good money to see that last sentence 😜😁😜😋

Centenarians aren't what they used to be.

When I Wor A Lad, somebody who made it to 100 had been born in the 1860s - American Civil War raging, Queen Victoria on the throne, horse-drawn transport (give or take the odd steam train), etc. 

Today's version were born in an age with radios, record players, jazz, aircraft flying across the Atlantic. 

Bloody rubbish. 

• Like 2

A slight aside. But being born in the 1960s my parents talked a lot about the war - to me it always seemed like something that happened ages, and ages, ago 

But now I realise the war had ended only around 15 years before I was born.

Aside, aside, - it seems amazing now but a normal night for my parents was the sirens going off, they'd scuttle down the local air raid shelter - whilst planes few overhead dropping bombs on houses. Much respect mom + dad

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

When I was a child .....

I celebrated the Queen's Jubilee.

There was also a lot of disruption due to industrial action. 

We had a really hot summer. 

Inflation was sky high. 

We were involved in a Cold War with Russia.  

The UK wasn't in the EU.  

Welcome to the 1970s everyone. 

But don't worry. It gets better. In the 80s we had Kate Bush in the charts and  Tom Cruise released a movie called Top Gun.  

And a league and a European Cup 

• Like 1

Â