Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

15 minutes ago, Nabby said:

The contract things is like Mignolet at LIverpool its just protecting ourselves so we get fee's when we move players on 

Unless of course, you can't move them on, then you're stuck paying them.  Eg Agbonlahor, with another ridiculous contreact extension.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Ayew, Veretout and Gil are all creative players, that is more than most teams in our position.What we haven't got is a midfielder who gets in the box to support the strikers.Gils cross in the last 10 mins was crying out for this kind of player.

For me Bacuna and Gana provided a good defensive midfield shield, we lack a goalscorer and an attacking midfielder imo.

I think that Veretout was playing further forward before he came to us, and had good assist and goal scoring stats.

I thINK Veretout is a really good footballer, and i would play him in the centre of a 3 playing behind a CF.Play Ayew on the left, Veretout in the centre, with Bacuna and Gana as the holding midfielders.

Trouble is we need a more mobile CF, and a goal scoring wide right player, a al Remy.

3 hours ago, Risso said:

Unless of course, you can't move them on, then you're stuck paying them.  Eg Agbonlahor, with another ridiculous contreact extension.

Not like Villa to get stuck with deadweight running down a big contract and being unable to sell them ;-)

I think bacuna is not a bad player at all, didnt have a great game but I think he had been a decent player for us. I think next season he will be every good. not sure whats happened to his set pieces though he use to be very good. now he is pretty poor

• 2 weeks later...

Two not so good games now from Leandro. I think he's trying too hard, and doesn't make smart choices right now, but is still one of those players who can score for us. We need them more than ever, Lescott won't do it every game.

A lot of his work goes unnoticed, he gave Richard's a lot of protection down the right side.

And I'm not sure if this is a correlation, but we tend to win more games when he plays on the right hand side of midfield.

• Like 1

I thought he was alright yesterday, people seem to be having a downer due to the shot he blazed over at 2 nil.

I've seen him have poorer games than yesterday, come on this thread to state it and had about 5-6 posters saying how well he played.

I actually like him somewhere in midfield as with Gana also playing well now we have mobility and energy again at long last. Never under-estimate that at premier league level even if the footballers technically aren't very good.

It's certainly better than the statuesque Sanchez-Westwood combo we had for a lot of the first half of the season.

• Like 1