Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

He's such a frustrating player. He always does this - he'll have a couple of games where he looks excellent, and you think, great, he's finding some form, good choice for the first XI, wonderful. And then he looks like a complete **** amateur. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Defensively we looked sound today, i thought he contributed to that.Lacks a bit of quality going forward, but you could argue thats other players responsibility.

I don't think you can argue that . . . We have nowhere near enough creativity in the team to be carrying a guy who's going to overhit every through ball and blaze every cross past the goalline. Especially not when he's playing right-midfield. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Defensively we looked sound today, i thought he contributed to that.Lacks a bit of quality going forward, but you could argue thats other players responsibility.

Lacking a bit of quality going forward seems to be the responsibility of all our players.

• Like 1

Ayew, Veretout and Gil are all creative players, that is more than most teams in our position.What we haven't got is a midfielder who gets in the box to support the strikers.Gils cross in the last 10 mins was crying out for this kind of player.

For me Bacuna and Gana provided a good defensive midfield shield, we lack a goalscorer and an attacking midfielder imo.

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's such a frustrating player. He always does this - he'll have a couple of games where he looks excellent, and you think, great, he's finding some form, good choice for the first XI, wonderful. And then he looks like a complete **** amateur. 

for the price we paid I dont think we can expect much else. he is a decent player but not consistent enough and his crossing is very very hit and miss. If he gets if off the ground they are good quality but most times he just hits the 1st man

He was there because he offers a lot more defensively than Veretout and their side were pretty much all 6 foot plus. He's not a particularly good footballer but he definitely helped us control the game for large periods. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Tony Morley described his performance as magnificent.....

I wouldn't go that far but I think he was better than some are suggesting.

Hey, whatever Tony Morley says, stands.

Edited by AVTuco

14 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Tony Morley described his performance as magnificent.....

I wouldn't go that far but I think he was better than some are suggesting.

Morley is a legend. But he left part o f his brain in Rotterdam. If you know what I mean Jack. Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

The horrifying thing is when he's in form he's our best crosser.

The horrifying thing for me is that some idiot saw fit to give him and Westwood enormous new contracts that will see us lumbered with them until 2020.