Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Man of the Match for me - his positioning as a right back has come on leaps and bounds and I don't think there can be any question that this is now his best position. I thought he was outstanding tonight against a Palace side whose success is based on their wingers. Desire, hard work and some good work on the ball. 

Agreed - credit to both him and Cissokho. You just don't feel that we would have seen the same from Richardson and Hutton.

25 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

He had a decent game tonight in truth, but regardless of what position he plays, he is not Premier League starting quality in the slightest. 

Probably our best RB though and obviously starting quality if he performs like that. Hardly gets beat for pace or strength at RB and that'll do for me at the mo.

8 minutes ago, Regulus_blacklist said:

I still feel he'll do great in midfield for Villa. Veretout, Gana and Bacuna would be a great midfield for us. Richards is more solid defensively and should be used in RB to allow Okore to play in CB.

I don't think he's got anything to offer over what we've already got tbh.

Ideally he's a useful, cheap, squad player who won't let you down when called upon and can play a couple of positions. However because the club is such a mess he's the best right back at the club and should start every game.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

Think some are going overboard re: his performance last night. Good defensively but same as Hutton, wasn't cutting it when he had to make a cross or get the ball into the box. 

Given where we are right now, "Good defensively" is all we need.

We'll worry about attacking from fullback when we have two that don't fall over their own shadows on a regular basis.

Think he may have been told not to get forward as much yesterday, both he and Cissokho were focused on defending first and foremost, with getting forward as an afterthought. As much as we know he can cross the ball, he did a great defensive job yesterday.

As I've said before, he isn't the best player in the world and he never will be, but he gives 100% and I genuinely believe he loves being here. He is a strong/quick athlete who is still learning, I think under a proper coaching setup like the one Garde has started to bring in he can really thrive.

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

I worry about him though because he's definitely not consistently good at defending. 

Agreed. He seems a great lad, and his versatility makes him a good squad player, I think he will be a more than useful member if the squad next season. But his ability sadly doesn't match his attitude, the fact he is probably the best RB at the club says more about us than him. I don't think there will be any Premier League takers for him when we go down.

All that said, its difficult not to like him given his attitude and work rate.