Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

You ever thought that it is us as a club that has destroyed him. He is a old school poacher, there was never as place for him in a Lambert squad the way he sets us up defensively to try and counter attack. Bent plays best off wingers. Lambert could intergrate him into the team but hasn't got the tactical nous for that. So like a few others, he dropped him in the Bomb squad and then expects him to train his knackers off when invited back into the squad expecting his best. Hutton is the only one proving his worth out of the bomb squad which I respect him for. Weather I would be a Hutton or a Bent after being screwed by this club im not sure, but I doubt you would ever see my best again...........

• Like 3

You ever thought that it is us as a club that has destroyed him. He is a old school poacher, there was never as place for him in a Lambert squad the way he sets us up defensively to try and counter attack. Bent plays best off wingers. Lambert could intergrate him into the team but hasn't got the tactical nous for that. So like a few others, he dropped him in the Bomb squad and then expects him to train his knackers off when invited back into the squad expecting his best. Hutton is the only one proving his worth out of the bomb squad which I respect him for. Weather I would be a Hutton or a Bent after being screwed by this club im not sure, but I doubt you would ever see my best again...........

Spot on.  It was always going to be easier for Hutton, as a left back is a left back, and the position isn't really as affected by lack of tactical know how from that idiot Lambert.

Edited by Risso

Yeah it's our fault Bent gets out of breath walking up stairs.He could have Beckham and Giggs either side of him, he isn't going to score goals. He has no pace, no sharpness, no spring.

His legs have gone, they can't support the size of his fat arse.

As for being screwed by the club, you haven't yet realised that Bent signed his last big contract with us,his retirement contract. he hasn't tried one inch to improve himself as a football, to adapt his game to make up for his ever increasing short comings, he picks up his salary and he is laughing at you.

Look at the state of him, you really think he cares about Villa or achieving anything with us.

He came for the money.

Nothing else.

Edited by rodders0223

No just no.  Not a stick to beat Lambert with at all.  Bent played for Fulham last year what did he do there??

Spot on.  It was always going to be easier for Hutton, as a left back is a left back, and the position isn't really as affected by lack of tactical know how from that idiot Lambert.

Hutton is a right back

On the surface the way Lambert handled Bent was next to retarded. Taking him out of the squad in favour of Jordan ***** Bowery was unforgivable, especially as Lambert then flogged him for less than he paid for him after Bent had gone.

But in the background agendas around wages, tactics, player attitude and limitations probably did as much damage.

I rated Bent, but then his dire loan at Fulham and what little he's shown since convinced me that something had gone very wrong with the player himself, i'm sure we contributed to that but most players bounce back and prove their critics wrong, Bent hasn't.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

No - he's ruined himself.  If you can't be arsed to train (which is what you're implying) then professional football isn't for you.

I can't wait until he's gone to be honest.  How much a week?  Mental.

On the surface the way Lambert handled Bent was next to retarded. Taking him out of the squad in favour of Jordan ***** Bowery was unforgivable, especially as Lambert then flogged him for less than he paid for him after Bent had gone.

But in the background agendas around wages, tactics, player attitude and limitations probably did as much damage.

I rated Bent, but then his dire loan at Fulham and what little he's shown since convinced me that something had gone very wrong with the player himself, i'm sure we contributed to that but most players bounce back and prove their critics wrong, Bent hasn't.

Good post. This is what I think also.

The problem with Bent being back in the squad is that he's no use as an impact sub.

We've seen plenty of games when he's started in the past where he's touched the ball about 8 times so even less as a sub when we're hardly in possession.

Aside from the first 6 months, just signed too late for this club, he would've been so much better in a MON team it's untrue.

Plus I think he's finished anyway at prem level.

No - he's ruined himself.  If you can't be arsed to train (which is what you're implying) then professional football isn't for you.

I can't wait until he's gone to be honest.  How much a week?  Mental.

I love all this money we are all nonchalantly writing off....how would you feel if it was yours....what kind of person is able to keep doing this?

It winds me up the amount of duds we have signed .....in relative terms i don't think i can remember an owner having to be subject to this level of signings turning sour on him.

do not confuse the fact that I am defending him unconditionally, not so,RL has cocked up with so many decisions, particularly managers appointments...but the above I have to feel a bit for him.

Edited by TRO

I think he is finished at Villa after last nights cameo.

Just do not understand the logic of the sub, Southampton were starting to seriously dominate and we lighten the midfield by taking out Sanchez and putting on Bent who's hardly going to stretch defences.

At least with Bacuna or Grealish they'd have run around a bit which could've sprung another counter attack like the Weimann chance.

Sure, to an extent that's true. So what? We now have to have the 11 most effective players on the pitch at any one time, and that should never include Bent. We shouldn't feel obligated to keep picking him just because we feel guilty, even though bringing him off the bench is like voluntarily having a man sent off. 

Hutton had a poor run, or bombed out, went on loan, did ok, came back, stayed bombed out (due to wages)...now he's back and has been one of our stand out performers...

Bent came in, scored 24 (twenty four) goals in a season, went on a poor run, got bombed out (probably due to form and wages), went on loan and didn't pull up any tress, although did score 3 goals (oh how we could do with even 3 goals right now), came back, still bombed out but getting snippets of games now...somehow expected to perform in fits and starts (or non starts if you get me)

Why couldn't Bent become a goal scorer for us again, if you give him the service, DB will score. Lambert's policy of bombing players out completely doesn't work for us in the long run (Bacuna may be out next lost cause).

I say give DB some time against Burnley...actually, we'd need to buy some wingers first...or even manage to create something...

Lambert has set us up in a way that doesn't play to Bent's strengths, if we had a plan b (instead of lumping to Benteke) we may still have a 10-20 goal a season man on our bench.

My prediction is we will be forced to play him, he will score some goals, Benteke will leave, we will want Bent to stay, he will go for nothing.

It's typical Aston Villa, we seem to ruin players!

Imagine being low on confidence and being bought on in a game where your team 1) can't get hold of the ball and 2) is sitting in their own 18 yard box. Was an impossible situation for him to do anything really.

Running would have been a start.

That's never been his strenght. The amount of grief he gets, is totally childish. He was bought because he was a poacher, but that is not enough the way Villa plays right now. Not his fault at all.

Â