Libor Kozák

samjp26

Since you seem to be paying particular attention to my posts i see you have excluded the fact that i have excepted for some time that we are on a limited budget and have stated as such on site.

Noted you haven't mentioned Warnock either in some considerable time and at least you now know the meaning of 'basis.'

No, no particular attention they don't warrant it.

No I've not mentioned Warnock, you might have missed it but he left the club some time ago. The manager you wanted sacked and lambasted for signing the new Heskey that is Benteke got rid of him after he lost the ability to play football and yes I thought him a good signing when we got him.

As for basis, so you say others can't make predictions but then isn't make one yourself. Er, ok.

• Like 2

Some people on here need to take a look at themselves.  Firstly, I'm not saying Kozak won't play every week. He might. But what I'm saying for those who are baffled by a strong attacker being signed is what would have happened last season if Benteke got injured? I tell you what - relegation. If he had missed two or three months of the season at any stage it would have been a disaster!

Luckily, he didn't. He played almost every game. This season it is highly unlikely that will be the case. So therefore I don't think it is strange in the slightest to want to have another option or a similar player.

Secondly, this attacking midfielder I keep reading about. What is Gabby...is he not an attacking midfield player? What is Tonev? Doesn't Weimann play as a wide midfield player? So there are plenty of flair players in midfield.

Maybe some people believe you must have a number 10 - someone who plays in the hole. Well, you don't. If you have enough quality from out wide - and if you watch Gabby closely you will see more often than not he comes inside anyway - then I don't see the drama.

If there is a player we are possibly missing it is a big, powerful player for the middle of the park. Someone who will win headers, make tackles when they have to be made and break up play when we don't have the ball.

But to suggest we don't need this striker - and would be better off with a tricky midfield player - is nonsense!

Any idea why we've not signed this big powerful midfield type that you speak of then? Lack of funds?

• Like 1

Some people on here need to take a look at themselves.  Firstly, I'm not saying Kozak won't play every week. He might. But what I'm saying for those who are baffled by a strong attacker being signed is what would have happened last season if Benteke got injured? I tell you what - relegation. If he had missed two or three months of the season at any stage it would have been a disaster!

Luckily, he didn't. He played almost every game. This season it is highly unlikely that will be the case. So therefore I don't think it is strange in the slightest to want to have another option or a similar player.

Secondly, this attacking midfielder I keep reading about. What is Gabby...is he not an attacking midfield player? What is Tonev? Doesn't Weimann play as a wide midfield player? So there are plenty of flair players in midfield.

Maybe some people believe you must have a number 10 - someone who plays in the hole. Well, you don't. If you have enough quality from out wide - and if you watch Gabby closely you will see more often than not he comes inside anyway - then I don't see the drama.

If there is a player we are possibly missing it is a big, powerful player for the middle of the park. Someone who will win headers, make tackles when they have to be made and break up play when we don't have the ball.

But to suggest we don't need this striker - and would be better off with a tricky midfield player - is nonsense!

No it's not. A tricky midfielder ala Messi would fit in. ;)

• Like 1

I'm moe interested in who HH really is??, Can we start a thread of guess who? Or if HH starts posting pics of his house up we could have a game of through the key hole?.

I didn't really see the point to the signing but I guess if/when Benteke gets injured we could be in a pot of trouble.

Harry Houdini

Humbert Humbert

Any idea why we've not signed this big powerful midfield type that you speak of then? Lack of funds?

We've signed 7 players this summer and spent a little more than Swansea spent on 1 player.

Yes there is a serious lack of funds and Lambert is working under serious restrictions and doing a bloody good job in the process. In my opinion.

• Like 3

His name isssssss..

SYLLA

SYLLA

SYLLA

• Like 3

Hairy Hands IS Paul Faulkner !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Gabby and AW aren't creative players. Im talking about players like Kagawa, Coutinho, Modric, that kind of a player, someone who just drifts around and can pick a pass.

Last season if Benteke got injured we would have been relegated, yes. However even if we had Kozak its highly likely we would still have been relegated, why? Because, and this is just guess work, I doubt he could get the goals Benteke could and do his job as well as he did.

You can say the same for Man Utd though, if RVP gets injured they will not win the league. That is life.

I'm moe interested in who HH really is??, Can we start a thread of guess who? Or if HH starts posting pics of his house up we could have a game of through the key hole?.

I didn't really see the point to the signing but I guess if/when Benteke gets injured we could be in a pot of trouble.

Harry Houdini

Humbert Humbert

Harry Hill

I think what people are actually talking about it not simply an "attacking midfielder" because ,yes Gabby and Weiman could be considered this,

but an attacking midfielder with creativity and prehaps flaire someone like a countino at Liverpool , or a Merson ?

Someone that can unlocka defence when teams sit back. ?

There is nothing more exciting than a new striker, especially when you've got no idea what to expect.

calciomercato_kozak324.jpg

Welcome Libor, I look forward to seeing what you've got.

Edited by Tomaszk

Richard Keys?

Joking apart. Personally I love what Gabby and Weimann do however I would like to see somebody in a more central role with a bit of flare who could also take corners and free kicks :)

• Like 1

Lambert will have his reasons. The fact that one may not readily understand the reasons might reflect on not having the full picture (both in terms of current playing staff capabilities and the availability of new players against the monies available) or having no experience of managing a large football club. There's no shame in it and I've accepted it. :)

• Like 4

Personally I love what Gabby and Weimann do however I would like to see somebody in a more central role with a bit of flare who could also take corners and free kicks :)

It is possible that Lambert shares your opinion but doesn't rate the AM players currently available for the funds the club has.

• Like 2

Richard Keys?

Joking apart. Personally I love what Gabby and Weimann do however I would like to see somebody in a more central role with a bit of flare who could also take corners and free kicks :)

Tonev, Helenius, Gardner. Sylla maybe could all do a job there?

But yeah I agree with you. I thought attacking mid field was the higher priority.

Â