Libor Kozák

samjp26

HH, the manager has done brilliantly. But once again it is proof of the crap The General posted, he always said managers would be backed. Unfortunately it seems there is no money there and the best manager we have had for years and years is suffering that. Such a bloody shame.

Taking this massively OT, but MON was backed, Houllier was backed, McLeish was backed, and we're now paying the price. I'm sure Lambert wouldn't have come if he didn't realise there may be a need for a few years of austerity before he can make a splash in the transfer market.

HH, the manager has done brilliantly. But once again it is proof of the crap The General posted, he always said managers would be backed. Unfortunately it seems there is no money there and the best manager we have had for years and years is suffering that. Such a bloody shame.

Taking this massively OT, but MON was backed, Houllier was backed, McLeish was backed, and we're now paying the price. I'm sure Lambert wouldn't have come if he didn't realise there may be a need for a few years of austerity before he can make a splash in the transfer market.

See above :)

Yeah if only the fans would come out and support the team - that attendance against Liverpool was a poor show - even the chairman wasn't there !

You posted that as I was typing out my post! No fair!  :)  ;)

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

This is some place at times. Sign a new striker and people take it Bentake is being sold. Talk about putting two and two together and coming up with something other than four! ha

Right, this is just my opinion and my thoughts on this transfer deal and the others..

Goalkeeper

Guzan was outstanding so no need to look for an improvement here. Given too expensive to sit on the sidelines so Steer signing from Norwich who is a top young keeper with a very good reputation within the game. Unfortunately Given hasn't been left but eventually he will.

Defence

Left back was the priority and Luna has been brought in. We needed someone strong and commanding at the back and Okore looks to be that. Bacuna can also play at right back so our strongest back four is probably now Lowton, Vlaar, Okore and Luna. Means we have Bacuna as cover, as well as Baker, Clark and Bennett. So reasonable amount of cover and competition - although ideally another better centre-half would be great but that is maybe being greedy.

Midfield

Delph has improved dramatically, KEA has started well, Westwood has been getting better and better and we also have Sylla, Bacuna, Gardner and Tonez can also play in there and in the hole as the no.10 which many of you feel we need. (Tonez just needs another few weeks to get fully up to speed).

Attack

Benteke, Kozak, Helenius and if need be Bowry. Gabby and Weimann as the wide players where Tonev can also operate.

I'd say we have a decent squad which is a big improvement on last season.

And when you consider not a great deal of money has been spent I'd suggest we should be happy. If there was more money available then maybe another defender, a defensive midfielder and a creative midfielder would have been signed. But there isn't shitloads of money to spend.

So as far as I'm concerned the manager has made some really good buys under the circumstances!

.....huhhmmm... It's 'Tonev'. :)

Edit: notice you said Tonev later on so the others were probably just typos. Will let you off. This time.

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Plus, let me add, I did not say Kozak wouldn't play. I was pointing out why another striker was needed - if Benteke got injured. That's not to say the two of them can't play at the same time because they can and they will. That was in reference to why a striker was needed more than anything else!

HH all your views are spot on in my opinion if Benteke got injured at least we have a back up who will probably have experience playing with him in the team.Aprt from Kozak do you think there will be any more signings before transfer deadline ends?

Yeah if only the fans would come out and support the team - that attendance against Liverpool was a poor show - even the chairman wasn't there !

The weird thing about the chairman was that he was here when all was great, went missing when it went downhill and will likely attend when it comes good again. For somebody who claims not to like limelight, he certainly loves it when it is good. Shame, I believed in him once.

This is some place at times. Sign a new striker and people take it Bentake is being sold. Talk about putting two and two together and coming up with something other than four! ha

So as far as I'm concerned the manager has made some really good buys under the circumstances!

Sorry, but what's with the tone of this? Surely people can take it however they see fit? And their opinion is just as knowledgable and valuable as yours?

Unless, obviously, you are Mr. Faulkner. In which case be open and explain so. Otherwise you don't get to talk down to people like this I would've thought.

• Like 2

Hairy Hands IS Paul Faulkner !!!!!!!!!!!!!

x100 times.

Never noticed this before, but:

kfg9J25.png?1

Something about this photo looks off to me. It's Emile Heskey emerging out the side of Faulkner's head.

Ok, you caught me. I did spend 10-20 seconds in photoshop here... editing in Heskey's head.

kfg9j25.png

Upon closer inspection:

si0JEZD.png?1

• Like 2

You posted that as I was typing out my post! No fair! :);)

Almost identical posts too :-D

I still think that once the deadwood has been fully cleared we might start spending a bit more. Don't forget, two of our highest paid players are also part of that deadwood.

You may be right but this sort of comment has been posted in every transfer window over the last few years.

• Like 2

Some people on here need to take a look at themselves.  Firstly, I'm not saying Kozak won't play every week. He might. But what I'm saying for those who are baffled by a strong attacker being signed is what would have happened last season if Benteke got injured? I tell you what - relegation. If he had missed two or three months of the season at any stage it would have been a disaster!

Luckily, he didn't. He played almost every game. This season it is highly unlikely that will be the case. So therefore I don't think it is strange in the slightest to want to have another option or a similar player.

Secondly, this attacking midfielder I keep reading about. What is Gabby...is he not an attacking midfield player? What is Tonev? Doesn't Weimann play as a wide midfield player? So there are plenty of flair players in midfield.

Maybe some people believe you must have a number 10 - someone who plays in the hole. Well, you don't. If you have enough quality from out wide - and if you watch Gabby closely you will see more often than not he comes inside anyway - then I don't see the drama.

If there is a player we are possibly missing it is a big, powerful player for the middle of the park. Someone who will win headers, make tackles when they have to be made and break up play when we don't have the ball.

But to suggest we don't need this striker - and would be better off with a tricky midfield player - is nonsense!

I trust PL 100%-His signings thus far have justified this trust.

I disagree with your comments in your last sentence.We do need a striker as cover-Especially after loosing Bent but equally,we need a midfielder who can make things happen.Yes it could be that we would be a bit gung ho by sacrificing one of the central 3 but we have done this previously when N'Zog has started.

Personally,I prefer the solid 3 in midfield & leave the front 3 with the onus of digging out goals for us but against Liverpool last week,we were crying out for someone to help unlock their "closed shop" in the last 20 mins.What I would say is that we have personell who we could juggle should CB sustain an injury-Gabby for one has played lone striker for us in the past and worked his balls off,as you would expect.

A big powerfull player in the centre of the park would also bring something to the side-On the flip side,one of the big factors of the recovery in the second half of last season was the partnership of delph & Westwood,with Delph hitting the ground running again this season.When confidence is flowing,the crisp passing in midfield is a joy to watch-"Big powerfull" midfielders of this mold are few & far between.

There's clearly a plan in place though, and the current spending is part of it. There's no way Lambert would be here otherwise. I reckon the spending will increase when our league position does.

The weird thing about the chairman was that he was here when all was great, went missing when it went downhill and will likely attend when it comes good again. For somebody who claims not to like limelight, he certainly loves it when it is good. Shame, I believed in him once.

I actually think he got bored - I reckon he may do a blank season this year. If we could get him enthused I am sure our funding problems would be solved too

I still think that once the deadwood has been fully cleared we might start spending a bit more. Don't forget, two of our highest paid players are also part of that deadwood.

You may be right but this sort of comment has been posted in every transfer window over the last few years.

Well the deadwood still hasn't been cleared.

• Like 2

There's clearly a plan in place though, and the current spending is part of it. There's no way Lambert would be here otherwise. I reckon the spending will increase when our league position does.

Problem will come when the players we have get itchy for success. I hope we can improve at a quick enough rate to keep them. If we can we will challenge both the top 4 and for trophies.

I actually think he got bored - I reckon he may do a blank season this year. If we could get him enthused I am sure our funding problems would be solved too
He made too many promises, his cronies made a big deal about the tattoo and when the going got tough, he got going. Makes me sad, I feel like a right gullible prat. Edited by dodgyknees

Â