Libor Kozák

samjp26

Since you seem to be paying particular attention to my posts i see you have excluded the fact that i have excepted for some time that we are on a limited budget and have stated as such on site.

Noted you haven't mentioned Warnock either in some considerable time and at least you now know the meaning of 'basis.'

No, no particular attention they don't warrant it.

No I've not mentioned Warnock, you might have missed it but he left the club some time ago. The manager you wanted sacked for signing the new Heskey that is Benteke got rid of him after he lost the ability to play football and yes I thought him a good signing when we got him.

As for basis, so you say others can't make predictions but then isn't make one yourself. Er, ok.

Yet you still respond to my posts but maybe you now need to look up the meaning of the expression 'they don't warrant it.' If they don't warrant your attention then why respond.

No i haven't missed a player leaving the club who you thought was a good signing and have noted that other players we didn't sign have been doing quite well at their respective clubs.

As far as Kozak is concerned he might well play but as i stated earlier in the thread we might have to change our system to accommodate him and if he is a target man then it is rare to have two target men playing together. Lambert didn't exactly think much of the Bent/Benteke partnership.

On that basis it is fair to assume then that he will be Benteke's understudy while we also have other forwards who also won't play much except for injuries.

Some people on here need to take a look at themselves.  Firstly, I'm not saying Kozak won't play every week. He might. But what I'm saying for those who are baffled by a strong attacker being signed is what would have happened last season if Benteke got injured? I tell you what - relegation. If he had missed two or three months of the season at any stage it would have been a disaster!

Luckily, he didn't. He played almost every game. This season it is highly unlikely that will be the case. So therefore I don't think it is strange in the slightest to want to have another option or a similar player.

Secondly, this attacking midfielder I keep reading about. What is Gabby...is he not an attacking midfield player? What is Tonev? Doesn't Weimann play as a wide midfield player? So there are plenty of flair players in midfield.

Maybe some people believe you must have a number 10 - someone who plays in the hole. Well, you don't. If you have enough quality from out wide - and if you watch Gabby closely you will see more often than not he comes inside anyway - then I don't see the drama.

If there is a player we are possibly missing it is a big, powerful player for the middle of the park. Someone who will win headers, make tackles when they have to be made and break up play when we don't have the ball.

But to suggest we don't need this striker - and would be better off with a tricky midfield player - is nonsense!

Been thinking of the tone of that post - reminds me of the general ?

Something doesn't ring quite right here - We are signing a player 'in case' Benteke gets injured ? - Given how our results nose dived in the absence of Ron Vlaar last season, do we not have more concerns there ?. Personally I would worry about putting out a decent first 11 - we are good way off being able to factor in injuries - agree the squad is strong enough - but padding it out with mediocre players doesn't help anyone. The player stepping in has to be of comparable quality to the one he is replacing - or else its a downgrade.

Gabby and AW aren't creative players. Im talking about players like Kagawa, Coutinho, Modric, that kind of a player, someone who just drifts around and can pick a pass.

Last season if Benteke got injured we would have been relegated, yes. However even if we had Kozak its highly likely we would still have been relegated, why? Because, and this is just guess work, I doubt he could get the goals Benteke could and do his job as well as he did.

You can say the same for Man Utd though, if RVP gets injured they will not win the league. That is life.

Andy we will just have to agree to disagree. I don't think that sort of player is a priority. I wouldn't say no to one if the money was there but it would come after a powerful defensive midfielder. Right now I think there is enough flair and speed in the final third - as the chance being created prove. In an ideal world it would be nice to have another option and the players you mention are all fantastic- but cost crazy money. I just think that type of striker will prove more beneficial as things stand.

Yeah no problem, not looking to get into some insane debate about it all. Obviously I wasn't saying sign them players either just their style is what I was comparing it to.

I look forward to seeing what Kozak is about and how he does.

but padding it out with mediocre players doesn't help anyone. The player stepping in has to be of comparable quality to the one he is replacing - or else its a downgrade.

FFS, how can you write off these players as "mediocre" before they've even had proper game time? Is it because we didn't pay much for them? Hell, the two new signings that have played in any noticeable capacity (Okore and Luna) look like improvements on what they replaced. Obviously it's unlikely that Kozak will be as good as Benteke but Benteke is world class anyway so it would be a struggle for the best of teams to properly replace him.

• Like 2

If we dont want an attacking midfielder why were we making enquiries for Kiyotake and Belhanda?? 

I reckon we do want one, but it's not a top priority, so with us seemingly having a small budget left, we went for one of our higher priorities.

Can't say i'm not disappointed a Coutinho-esque player isn't a high priority, I think that's what our squad is crying out for, especially at home. However I can see why a Benteke backup/alternative and a ball winning CM are seen as higher priority at the club.

Something doesn't ring quite right here - We are signing a player 'in case' Benteke gets injured ? - Given how our results nose dived in the absence of Ron Vlaar last season, do we not have more concerns there ?. Personally I would worry about putting out a decent first 11 - we are good way off being able to factor in injuries - agree the squad is strong enough - but padding it out with mediocre players doesn't help anyone. The player stepping in has to be of comparable quality to the one he is replacing - or else its a downgrade.

Would you be surprised to see Benteke off in January? I reckon it's a very real possibility. Edited by darkwingduck

People just want us spending big money on players they haven't heard of instead. We aren't Southampton, Spurs or anyone else. Lambert has a vision and he's been largely correct with his transfer policy.

Agreed. Sylla, Lowton and Westwood were all bought for peanuts. Luna and Okore look decent and they too were bought for very little. Even the big man himself wasn't bought for that much.

but padding it out with mediocre players doesn't help anyone. The player stepping in has to be of comparable quality to the one he is replacing - or else its a downgrade.

FFS, how can you write off these players as "mediocre" before they've even had proper game time? Is it because we didn't pay much for them? Hell, the two new signings that have played in any noticeable capacity (Okore and Luna) look like improvements on what they replaced. Obviously it's unlikely that Kozak will be as good as Benteke but Benteke is world class anyway so it would be a struggle for the best of teams to properly replace him.

Improvements on Clarke and Bennett, can easily be mediocre. 

Your summary of Benteke is partly my point. I'm not against this signing but the 'in case Benteke gets injured'  is bizarre  

IMO our tactics are more effective when we counter attack or when a game is 'open'. The Liverpool game highlighted exactly why we need an effective AMC. Also we waste so many goal scoring opportunities simply because our delivery from set pieces is so poor.

Edited by Supervillan78

Gabby and AW aren't creative players. Im talking about players like Kagawa, Coutinho, Modric, that kind of a player, someone who just drifts around and can pick a pass.

Last season if Benteke got injured we would have been relegated, yes. However even if we had Kozak its highly likely we would still have been relegated, why? Because, and this is just guess work, I doubt he could get the goals Benteke could and do his job as well as he did.

You can say the same for Man Utd though, if RVP gets injured they will not win the league. That is life.

Andy we will just have to agree to disagree. I don't think that sort of player is a priority. I wouldn't say no to one if the money was there but it would come after a powerful defensive midfielder. Right now I think there is enough flair and speed in the final third - as the chance being created prove. In an ideal world it would be nice to have another option and the players you mention are all fantastic- but cost crazy money. I just think that type of striker will prove more beneficial as things stand.
So will this be it HH in terms of incomings?

Are you able to shed some light on the enquiries which we made as this is somewhat confusing. Belhanda and Kiyotake are a slightly different class of player to what we have secured (I'm not saying the players we have brought in cant reach that level) but surely it must have been known they would be a few million... So why enquire?

You also mentioned a ball winning midfielder. I agree with you on that, one would be very welcome into our team. Is this likely to be addressed this window still or is that just what you would like to see personally?

Edited by Tayls

Hairy Hands IS Paul Faulkner !!!!!!!!!!!!!

x100 times.

Never noticed this before, but:

kfg9J25.png?1

Something about this photo looks off to me. It's Emile Heskey emerging out the side of Faulkner's head.

Ok, you caught me. I did spend 10-20 seconds in photoshop here... editing in Heskey's head.

Would you be surprised to see Benteke off in January? I reckon it's a very real possibility.

Thats half what I was alluding to, Like I say its the 'in case benteke' gets injured - which all of a sudden is a concern to the club (they weren't concerned last January!!) 

• Like 1

Improvements on Clarke and Bennett, can easily be mediocre. 

Your summary of Benteke is partly my point. I'm not against this signing but the 'in case Benteke gets injured'  is bizarre  

But how can you write players off as mediocre already? From what I've seen from them Luna and Okore look better than mediocre, and Kozak hasn't even officially signed for us yet.

Â