Libor Kozák

samjp26

I still think that once the deadwood has been fully cleared we might start spending a bit more. Don't forget, two of our highest paid players are also part of that deadwood.

You may be right but this sort of comment has been posted in every transfer window over the last few years.

And this is the first summer since 09/10 we've had the same manager as the previous summer, so the "deadwood" haven't been consistent for a long time. Under McLeish there is no way Given and Bent would be considered deadwood, and under MON Dunne wouldn't either. Now we have a manager who isn't judging the squad for the first time but after an entire season, so he has a goo idea of who is deadwood.

• Like 1

I still think that once the deadwood has been fully cleared we might start spending a bit more. Don't forget, two of our highest paid players are also part of that deadwood.

You may be right but this sort of comment has been posted in every transfer window over the last few years.

And this is the first summer since 09/10 we've had the same manager as the previous summer, so the "deadwood" haven't been consistent for a long time. Under McLeish there is no way Given and Bent would be considered deadwood, and under MON Dunne wouldn't either. Now we have a manager who isn't judging the squad for the first time but after an entire season, so he has a goo idea of who is deadwood.

Exactly. Also, unlike previous manager's deadwood Lambert's own deadwood won't be on much.

Well the deadwood still hasn't been cleared.

It never will be - with a first team of 11 - and a squad of 25 - theres always going to be some players that will be referred to as deadwood - sure the names will change - but there will always be some excuse as to why the manager has limited funds

Exactly. Also, unlike previous manager's deadwood Lambert's own deadwood won't be on much.

The same as Fonz, Bannan, Albrighton and Herd I guess.

Ireland, Given the only one who stands out. There aren't many of MONs lot left now..

I'm really glad this thread contains so much discussion about the whether the manager is being backed or not, because there's no other threads on the board where that has already been done. At least the Luna pun thread was amusing (even if it made it hard to find anything out about the player).

So, this Libor fellow. Has he actually signed, or is this still speculation at this point? Is it meant to be a loan deal or did it turn out to be permanent? He's a big Benteke-style striker?

I'm really glad this thread contains so much discussion about the whether the manager is being backed or not, because there's no other threads on the board where that has already been done. At least the Luna pun thread was amusing (even if it made it hard to find anything out about the player).

So, this Libor fellow. Has he actually signed, or is this still speculation at this point? Is it meant to be a loan deal or did it turn out to be permanent? He's a big Benteke-style striker?

Firm speculation (if that's not a contradiction!), believed to be permanent and believed to be a pale imitation of Benteke.

It never will be - with a first team of 11 - and a squad of 25 - theres always going to be some players that will be referred to as deadwood - sure the names will change - but there will always be some excuse as to why the manager has limited funds

Yeah but in a year or so our deadwood will be on 10-20k instead of the 40-60k they've been on over the last few years. It's not an excuse.

• Like 1

Well the deadwood still hasn't been cleared.

I think every club has its deadwood. I also think PL would have more funds available if Villa's deadwood were 4 or 5 players on £20k/week rather than 2 or 3 on £20k/week plus 2 or 3 on £50k+/week.

Its the allocation of our limited funding thats getting me.

We already had Bent at the club. Big wages yes but an experienced striker who will score goals. We got rid and with Helenius, Weimann, Gabby, Benteke and Bowery at the club we are now, if reports are correct, going to sign yet another front man in Kozak who may or may not play on a regular basis? So thats Bowery, Helenius and Kozak purchased who may have limited game time this season.

Why not prioritise that available cumulative funding on a player who will actually go straight into the first team in the position we need such as AM or the bad ass DM?

Edited by Morpheus
  • Like 1

Maybe because Lambert is the manager and he will sign players for the positions he wants? Obviously there are limits involved but I expect the type of player he chooses to sign is down to him, and I'll back him if that's what he wants. After all he's the one who manages the team.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Â