Libor Kozák

samjp26

As excited I am about Villa signing players, do we really need another big strong Centre Forward? We have Benteke and Helenius, surely 2 is enough for that role???

Looks to me like Helenius is almost like a more skilful Peter Crouch, looking to finish moves and make a couple through balls... Far different from the role of Benteke: bentekebounce.png

• Like 3

Benteke will play behind Kozák as our creative player.

Playing with 2 target men and 2 wide forwards could potentially see us score a shit load of goals.

This would be our system for home games. We'd still play the Gabby-Benteke-Weimann counter attack line on occasion away, unless we can really dominate possession with Benteke as a trequartista.

Lol, Benteke is many things but he sure as hell is NOT a number 10 type player.

No he's not a typical #10 by any stretch. But if you can, rewatch the last few games, and note how deep he's been coming. I honestly think he's going to be deployed behind the front 3

Benteke will not change position

Over the last few games he already has been though

• Like 1

Benteke will not change position. Not a chance. Kozak will either play up top beside him in a two-man attack or it will be one or the other. You need options, you need replacements in case of injury and suspension and you need competition! That's why he has been signed. But he will deffo play a big, big part.

In which case we ideally still need a creative player, which you have said isn't coming yet.

No he's not a typical #10 by any stretch. But if you can, rewatch the last few games, and note how deep he's been coming. I honestly think he's going to be deployed behind the front 3

He also does occasionally pull off an audacious flick, pass etc though.

Can't say I've noticed it.

The only time we looked different to last season was how we started against Liverpool with a midfield 4 but we soon changed back.

I'd be surprised if a 20 goal striker was dropped further away from goal.

Â