Libor Kozák

samjp26

If we are indeed on a limited budget and are crying out for an AM why are we spending money on players who won't play much?

Is this guy going to be any more mobile than Bent and is his goal scoring record any better?

Evening Big John, yes I do think he will play a fair amount. Agree if Benteke is fully fit he plays and the two of them will be able to play up top together at times. But every player needs a rest and picks up injuries. I'm not saying he is back-up - he isn't and it will depend on his he performs when he plays - but it is all about having options and a bit more competition. If that makes sense????

Yeah. I'd hope it would be more of that than simply a back up option.

I could imagine a front 4 of Gabby, Benteke, Kozak and Weimman causing some of the smaller teams serious problems.

If we are indeed on a limited budget and are crying out for an AM why are we spending money on players who won't play much?

Is this guy going to be any more mobile than Bent and is his goal scoring record any better?

"If we are indeed on a limited budget" are you actually serious? 

I thought the whole point of predictions is that you predict what you think might happen in the future?

Not if there isn't any basis for those predictions yet and there isn't.

You might want to look up the word prediction.

And you might take the time to look at the meaning of basis.

"A prediction is a statement about the way things will happen in the future, often but not always based on experience or knowledge"

Predictions don't need to be based on anything.

Yes that bolded part is certainly open to interpretation and consequently i would suggest you look at the post i was referring to.

Kozak is a very intimidating player. He is definitely a target striker. Seen him play a few times for Lazio and every time for Czech. As I mentioned, I don't think he will be the guy scoring buckets of goals this season, but I think he will become a top striker eventually especially if he has Benteke to learn from. I think this league will suit him better. 

I will have to get his shirt!

Kozak is a very intimidating player. He is definitely a target striker. Seen him play a few times for Lazio and every time for Czech. As I mentioned, I don't think he will be the guy scoring buckets of goals this season, but I think he will become a top striker eventually especially if he has Benteke to learn from. I think this league will suit him better. 

I will have to get his shirt!

I bet you he gets the number 23

HH do you know if Helenius is going to get a proper shot this year? I know that adding this new striker (if it does indeed happen) will provide more options - but you would have to think that we have plenty of striking options already.

Is there a reason as to why an AM was not persued this time around do you know?

I'm more interested in who HH really is??, Can we start a thread of guess who? Or if HH starts posting pics of his house up we could have a game of through the key hole?.

I didn't really see the point to the signing but I guess if/when Benteke gets injured we could be in a pot of trouble.

Edited by Mart-L7

"If we are indeed on a limited budget" are you actually serious? 

Are we on a limited budget Trent? With our expenditure since January then i'd say yes hence the question in my above post.

Why are we spending money on players who will not play much?

I'm moe interested in who HH really is??, Can we start a thread of guess who? Or if HH starts posting pics of his house up we could have a game of through the key hole?.

I didn't really see the point to the signing but I guess if/when Benteke gets injured we could be in a pot of trouble.

Harry Houdini

Not a problem with him signing but just dont see the point too much. We have enough players who can play center foward, need an attack minded midfielder.

Need to take issue with you on this one Andy......don't see the point. Lets just say Benteke was to pick up an injury which ruled him out for three months. Who would lead the line in the same way which wouldn't force a complete change of style? Helenius isn't quite up to it yet. He'll take time plus he isn't strong enough to play that role yet. The other attacking options are all smaller guys with pace. It makes perfect sense to want another strong attacking option.

You are talking about a creative midfield player but if you get the ball to Gabby or Weimann then you have as much creativity there as you need. In a perfect world then maybe a creative midfielder would be a good addition - in fact I agree it would be another good option to have - but if you can only sign one then I know what type of player I would much rather have.

You can't all of a sudden change every aspect of your play and what the players are all used to the second the focal point of your attacks is injured. It makes more sense to have a player who can do a similar job - and I'm not saying he is exactly the same as Benteke or as good but he is big, powerful and will be a real handful for defenders.

I know Helenius isn't the same player but he is a target man, or at least given his height I assume he is, so I would expect him to come in and be able to do somewhat the same job, without all the power of Benteke though. You probably know more than me and if Lambert thinks this kid isn't ready then I agree we may need another striker.

Gabby is actually not a bad lone front man, he used to play there up front under MON and we he is used to it and if Benteke did get injured we can use him. I just think we have enough striker given that we actually only play with one out and out striker.

Benteke

Andi

Gabby

New FW?

Helenius

Bowery

If Benteke doesn't get injured then the new FW and Helenius will barely get a look in. We should have more than one way of playing football and I actually think Lambert is trying to get us to play it on the ground as well, so having an AM would fit in much better for me as we currently dont have one at all.

Since you seem to be paying particular attention to my posts i see you have excluded the fact that i have excepted for some time that we are on a limited budget and have stated as such on site.

Noted you haven't mentioned Warnock either in some considerable time and at least you now know the meaning of 'basis.'

Â