• Westwood
    • Delph
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • El Ahmadi (for Lowton 65)
    • Tonev (for Weimann 73)
    • Helenius (for Westwood 83)

Dire first half. Much better second half. I don't think we have the quality for top 8, but we worked hard enough and created enough chances that I'm confident we're going to have a decent season and at very least will be well clear of the drop zone. 

Not at all convinced by Bacuna, not sold on Tonev either. Sturridge's goal was excellent, so I'm not sure I'll complain too much about the defending.

We were poor first half and ok in the second.  Restricted Liverpool to a Sturridge wonder-goal.

We'll beat worse teams than Liverpool playing like that.

If you'd offered me 8 days ago that we'd have 3 points by now and a level goal difference I'd have taken that.  Let's see how we get on against some sides we'd consider more our own level.

• Like 3

Very poor game from both teams. Plop had one shot on target and we just didn't seem to give much at all in the final third.

Luna did well and fought right up until the end, Delph played decent but I'll give Okore the highest rating. Looked tired towards the end but looks very confident on the ball and has no problems going in for a challenge.

Okore, Luna and Delph stood out for me. Bacuna looked nervous but better than Hutton, Ireland and Albrighton as a squad player.

We desperately need an ACM though. We won't do much at home until we have some more creativity and a player that can take a free-kick/corner.

Same old problems in defence.  Vlaar comes rushing out and we concede a goal.  No attacking threat from midfield, and Bacuna's was the worst debut I've seen since the Djemba twins.

Â