Okore 6

Luna 6

Bacuna 2

Delph 5

Westwood 6

Weimann 5

Benteke 7

Gabby 6

I would have ripped your hands off for 3 points after those 3 games. Good start to the season, but we need to learn how to play at home.

Benteke gets a 7, Okore gets a 6? Hmmm...

Firstly i didnt see the game but followed it on here and clearly we were poor in the first half. But i find ironic to read how many were calling for KEA to come on and the stick given to the likes of Bacuna especially after the stick KEA got at the same time last year!

Fickle isnt the word!

• Like 2

At times our CM seemed non - existent. I'm a big Westwood fan but he was really a passenger today.

He was a passenger because he does nothing off the ball and we saw little of it. 

Bloody hell that was frustrating.

If its any consolation, they're not winning anything this season.

Wouldn't be sure. Well organised and well drilled game plan. Made us look very ordinary ( maybe we are?).

I thought they looked dreadful. Loads of the ball and did naff all with it.

• Like 1

Totally outdone tactically.

Must agree with this - especially fir the first half. We seem inept and clueless when asked to dictate play (i.e, at home) and Liverpool came, shut off our midfield and nulified any attempt at an attack. We got better after the break without ever looking like scoring (Benteke chance aside). The reason I feel we got better at home from February last season was the games we were playing were very open as both teams were simply desperate for points - and we could counter attack. Today Liverpool got their goal, dominated the first half and simply sat back second half to try soak up our pressure and get us on the attack.

On the plus side we look more solid defensively - and Okore is more of a starter than Vlaar for me. 3 points from first three games is more than I expected - but felt we didn't perform to our capabilities today.

We go again.

Think the only word currently on my mind is frustrating, after shortly getting back from VP. On a Villa point of view, firstly obviously, why did PL decide to switch the formation (4-3-3) that got us 3 points at Arsenal and deserving something at Chelsea, didn't suit us at all; Bacuna looked dreadful, couldn't even pass the ball 10 yards to one of our players. Secondly that game just screamed that we need a number 10 type player, nothing creativity wise was put through the middle day.

Toure easily MOTM today, haven't got a **** clue how Bacuna was announced as it at VP, he kept Benteke in his back-pocket all day long. Somehow Mignolet managed to save 2 efforts from Benteke, one in either half.

tbh .. Our defence is getting much better ..

We made Coutinho and Cazorla and many of those three teams top midfielders quite .. 

Well I'm happy with that .. 

We were against a good Liverpool side .. So can't complain a lot .. 

Okore and Vlaar gives me much confidence in the defence ..

And I wanted Sylla to start instead of Bacuna .. as we seem to be less confident in the beginning of every game !

Hopefully we could get the points out of Newcastle ! 

rogers set them up a treat, made us play knowing that we cant, that wont be the last time we have a home performance like that, far too much going backwards or side ways nowhere near enough adventure to our play

benteke pretty poor again, kolo MOTM if you are looking at both teams, delph for us

not sure if it was the 3 games in a week or if we just gave gerrard too much respect but we hardly pressed him

thought they were pretty average which is the most frustrating thing, apart from the very well worked goal they did nothing

Problem for me is going forward. Not enough movement and creativity. Liverpool just sat back and let us have the ball and marked the space. There was very little interchanging between the midfield. Think we will really struggle at this year when teams just mark the space.

Problem for me is going forward. Not enough movement and creativity. Liverpool just sat back and let us have the ball and marked the space. There was very little interchanging between the midfield. Think we will really struggle at this year when teams just mark the space.

Just Back 

Positives

Okore -Very assured 

Delph -Lots of energy 

But - Negatives

Bacuna - Who has struggled in pre season TBH, Was absolutely terrible - I know people say give him time etc - but really he should have been nowhere near the first team today - a major clanger from Lambert - compounded by not subbing at 45 mins - its one game - his first game - but IMO he hasn't got it at this level

Tonev - an overseas AlBrighton

Luna - looked suspect defensivley - kinda good he doesn't the speak the lingo - as Guzan was giving him some right ear bashings.  Going forward he looks pretty good - reminds me of Chris Price

Overall not good enough -and don't be fooled that a defeat to liverpool  is half expected - they scarcley looked mid table to me.If we perform like this at home - we may struggle to improve on last seasons tally of 5 home victories...

Think we have signed to many bargain basements - but I suppose a club that can only muster 42,000 attendance can really be expected to match the likes of swansea, cardiff,norwich in the transfer market..................still the wage bill is coming down nicely....

I didn't watch the game. Was Bacuna THAT bad? What was it about his performance that was so hideous?

Take the very worst bits of nzogbia - and you'll get the general idea. Outrageous selection/purchase  by  Lambert

Â