• Westwood
    • Delph
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • El Ahmadi (for Lowton 65)
    • Tonev (for Weimann 73)
    • Helenius (for Westwood 83)

Why the **** are Sky still banging on about the 'penalty' for Liverpool?  Clearly not one, as shown immediately and clearly by their own replays, but that doesn't stop the commentators, pundits and interviewer all suggesting that it probably should have been - even though Liverpool won anyway!  clearings in the woods.

Did they mention Toure's shoulder into Benteke's back?

• Like 1

Redknapp wanking off over Kolo Toure, Toure was **** shite today.

He didn't have anything to do in the end. Our service to Benteke was horrendous and the less said about our set-pieces the better. 

Exhibit A on why we need a Kiyotake type of player. Westwood skying shots from distance is not what I consider good attacking play from the midfield. 

Swapping KEA out for Bacuna did not make sense to me...PL needs to take some blame for getting that one wrong. KEA in the starting XI was working fine, why drop him for an untested Bacuna? 

We need a proper attacking midfielder, it's as clear as day to see that.

Kept Liverpool really quiet, dominated them in second half without much product. Should be in quite good stand for teams who aren't as good as them, tho I'm not that impressed tbh, looked like an early manu win.

We started out like we were afraid of Liverpool.

Defence was pretty solid throughout however - as far as I can remember their only chance was the goal.

Could have came away with draw.

Leandro Bacuna looks like the next Ali Dia - the most useless displays I've seen from a Villa player in the last 6 month.

Good performances from Vlaar, Okore, Delph & Gabby

LOLOLOL

I think Paul got it wrong today. We played the first 30-35 minutes in a strange 4-4-2 formation.

Guzan

Lowton Okore Vlaar Luna

Bacuna Westwood Delph Agbonlahor

Weimann Benteke

It was obvious that they weren't comfortable at all and no one knew where anyone was or who to pass the ball to. Why start Bacuna when KEA and Sylla have played better with Westwood/Delph is beyond me. I think that explains why Liverpool had so much time on the ball in the first half. The midfield was getting destroyed again and we just couldn't cope. Once we reverted to the 4-3-3 we've been playing, the unit was much more cohesive and the defense shored up.

I think they were definitely tiring from some fatigue as they just didn't have the energy they had against Arsenal and Chelsea. Westwood, though I love him, was particularly guilty as he spent a lot of the game pointing and not showing for the ball. There was a marked difference between him and Delph today. Bacuna...well...he could have done better.

All in all, 3 more points than I expected from this week, but we still struggle to open things up when a team sits back and defends. Everyone's a little unsure of what to do and there's WAAAAY too much time thinking on the ball outside the box. When the ball gets out wide, there just isn't enough support to link some passes together as everyone prefers to become static and stand around in the box waiting for a cross. There's still some work to be done, but I'll chalk it up to fatigue and tired minds after a hellish week.

MotM - Okore for me

• Like 1

Why the **** are Sky still banging on about the 'penalty' for Liverpool?  Clearly not one, as shown immediately and clearly by their own replays, but that doesn't stop the commentators, pundits and interviewer all suggesting that it probably should have been - even though Liverpool won anyway!  clearings in the woods.

Did they mention Toure's shoulder into Benteke's back?

As if!

Yet

Agree. Yet another "contentious" penalty decision, as with Gabby's second won pen last Saturday and Terry's non-handball on Wednesday. All three decisions right but don't the pundits love to concoct a furore?

Too many sloppy passes. We need a proper creative player. Shame we didn't get a point. 3 point after our last 3 games is way more than i expected. Last year we would've came away from the same 3 games with no points and a **** up goal difference. I just want to see what this team has to offer against teams around us.

The fact Sturridge didn't react to it tells you the entire story.

Yet he has the audacity to claim he thought it was a penalty when asked about it after the game.  Spunk trumpet of the highest order.  Hope he slips and breaks his face next time he's doing that stupid bloody dance.

• Like 2

We take too long to settle into a game. It seems that every match we play (last season included) involves waiting for at least 10-15 minutes thinking "It's okay, we'll settle down in a minute". Annoying, it's during this period that we'll concede, and then we spend the rest of the game chasing and making silly mistakes due to the heightened sense of urgency. Liverpool managed to nullify our counter attacks, and as brilliant as it is to watch a fast paced counter, we need to be able to create chances of our own without waiting for the opposition to lose possession. Frustrating, as I REALLY **** hate Liverpool.

Liverpool fans on twitter acting like Kolo Toure is a God. 

They were like this after the Stoke game.  Good signing on a free transfer and did well against Stoke.  Contrary to lots of opinions on here, I think he had a decent game today as well, although he is very much from the Jamie Carragher 'slyly foul as much as possible to make up for your lack of pace' school of defending.  He'll get found out against the likes of Agüero though, if he plays.  Do remember he's really a backup player.

Â